CairnTalk

Look who's King of the Mountain...

Lisad

I don't know if you'll be able to see Harry in this picture, but the rock he was on was at least 16 feet high. He had to jump down into my arms in order to get down.

post-958-1144200159_thumb.jpg

How he got up there? Silly me, I thought it would make a good picture. I "helped" him up on the lower end (toward the right). How he got down? He jumped down the same side. The lower end was about mid-chest level to me and I couldn't seem to booste myself up to retrieve him. After he took a long walk around the top, he figured out that he had no other choice. I could see him take a deep breath as he had to put his trust in me and just kinda jumped over to my arms.

post-958-1144234527_thumb.jpg

Wow- Oh My

Big Rock

Little Dog

Great Picture

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

How he got up there? Silly me, I thought it would make a good picture. I "helped" him up on the lower end (toward the right). How he got down? He jumped down the same side. The lower end was about mid-chest level to me and I couldn't seem to booste myself up to retrieve him. After he took a long walk around the top, he figured out that he had no other choice. I could see him take a deep breath as he had to put his trust in me and just kinda jumped over to my arms.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a brave guy Harry is...of course, IMHO there should be a picture of a Cairn terrier in the dictionary next to the definition of the word bravery. :)

As always, wonderful pictures of beautiful Maine!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

You're lucky he was brave enough to jump into your arms. Darcy would probably have just been stuck up there and expect me to come to her. Those are great photos!!

Yep, Harry and Helliott...what would we do without them? I open this forum everyday with thoughts towards what has Helliott, and now Harry, done to entertain us since I last checked? What clowns they are and soooo irresistable!!!!

The photo is so outstanding, I thought you might like to have this bit of (trivial) info as background: The boulder appears to be a "glacial erratic". These oddly named boulders were carried along by glaciers and set down in North America 21,000 years ago, when the Laurentide Ice Sheet retreated. Plymouth Rock is a glacial erratic. All that aside, it's the cairn that makes the photo a winner. Thanks for posting it!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I thought I heard him say "i can see my house from here"!!!

excellent shot...I'd frame it.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Wow Sanford, very interesting! This HUGE boulder just seem to appear out of no where. I wondered how and where it could have come from. Thanks for the information.

Lisa

Archived