CairnTalk

Jelly beans...

Darcy's Mom

Last night I was sitting on the couch and Darcy was behind me on my shoulders and I noticed she was chewing, chewing. I turned around and she had the funniest look on her face. My DH had given her a jelly bean and she must have chewed on that thing for 3 minutes before she could finally get it all chewed up. I fussed at him for giving it to her but I had to laugh cuz of the expressions she was making trying to chew the jelly bean. Have any of you given your pups jelly beans? I told him NO MORE - they are pure sugar!!! But it's so funny to watch her trying to chew that bean.

No, but I accidently spilled part of a bag of them on the floor making up some things for work. I thought I got all of them up but I missed one. I saw Savannah sniffing at something and as she walked away, I saw an orange one that I had missed. She had the opportunity but never did try to eat it. She must not be a jelly bean kind of girl. :P

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

We haven't experienced jelly beans (not that it won't happen! :o ) yet, but I watched Scout try to get a piece of lint out of her mouth the other day...Cairns have such funny expressions! :lol:

We have not had jelly beans but the other day I was at my friends house helping her make her dog a birthday cake and we let them try the carob frosting, it was hillarious! It took them forever to process that gooey, pastey stuff! :lol:

Yep, it seemed that the more Darcy chewed that jelly bean, the more there was of it. She would tilt her head back and forth, all the while licking and making the funniest expressions, like what have I got that I can 't get rid of? Now she won't touch them (my DH told me)(so much for my stern warning not to give her anymore). Sigh.

Archived