CairnTalk

Sardines

Tracy A.

:!: Sardines :!:

So i'm doing some reading on the BARF diet (considering switching to it), and one of the meal plans includes canned Sardines- and I decided to see if the boys liked them.

:!: Warning, you dog may just roll on them.

Tracy, mother to two Sardine scented Dogs.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Oh my gosh, that is what Scout would have done for sure! She had her second bath in a week due to rolling in something stinky! Both time DH had in the backyard without a leash. :(

I've considered the BARF diet too, in fact, I still think I get email from their website. I'd love to hear all about your experience and what you think of it (if you decide to try it).

eeeeeeuuuuuuuuu, i know what these girls woutl do with it, they'd drop their shoulder and roll, roll, roll!!!! No thanks!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Mysticsol8 - I feed Bella sardines , mix them up with vegies and some kibble.

If you need any help with BARF let me know - thats what I feed Bella and she loves it! :thumbsup:

:D This was so funny, I nearly peed my pants!!!! :shy:

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

I barf my German Shepherd and He does great with it. Can also feed Jack Mackerel.

I've given Gidget chicken before, and she ate everything but a big peice of meat...go figure ;)

Of course she'd have to be a dog of a different color.

I'm sure you've read along the way that changing over to barf can cause a bit of upset tummy, but stick with it and they will adjust. Can always use the pumpkin and even some raw tripe might help with the digestion acceptance and change.

Good luck, and keep us posted. As Martha says "It's a good thing" :)

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

If you type in BARF on a search engine, you'll find tons of websites. I've done quite a bit of reading about it and find it very interesting. It stands for Biologically Appropriate Raw Food. Some people also call it Bones And Raw Food. Basically it is feeding raw meats and bones, fresh vegetables, etc. Some folks grind stuff up and even freeze for daily use later. There are even websites that sell prepackaged for this type of diet. I have thought about doing it....feeding preprocessed is just so easy and we are a busy family.

eeeeeeuuuuuuuuu, i know what these girls woutl do with it, they'd drop their shoulder and roll, roll, roll!!!!  No thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No question my lads would be rolling around in it.

Actually the worst case of rolling happened with my previous Cairns Holdsworth and Shadow. We were visiting a place with a really nice open, flat field, throwing Frisbees and hanging out waiting for someone we were picking up at the accompanying building. I didn't think much of it when I saw the geese hanging around...and didn't notice at first when Holdsworth and Shadow started wallowing. Boy, oh boy goose doo-doo STINKS! We were able to find an outdoor hose with cold water which didn't particularly rinse them very well. That was a really long drive home with stinky and wet Cairns....UGH.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Tripe???? I think I'll pass on this one. My DH loves sardines and I have to leave the kitchen when he gets out his crackers and sardines. I doubt I could stand the smell long enough to get my dogs fed!!! I'm sure it's healthy and all, but I'll just stick with the kibble (Canidae which I have just started using). May visit the websites though just out of curiosity.

So last night Hubby is home from work, they boys are jumping all over him on the couch- Hubby "What's that fishy smell?" :huh: I just started laughing.

wheeeuuuueeee! That sounds nasty I know my husband just about passes out if you open a can of sardines (he has some weak constitutions :P ) Is there a trip to the groomer in your future? :sick:

Well, I just used the good old baby wipes on the boys, brushed them out- and WaLa, they were non-stinky dogs again.

I do have some dogy shampoo diluted and ready to go in the laundry room- I know that eventually i'll have to give them a real bath with soap- But until they roll insomething I can't get out otherwise- it's baby wipes for us!

Not even the breeder I got them from washed them with soap- Only water-

I fear trying to give either of them a bath in truth! It's gonna be ugly. :devil:

Tracy

Archived