CairnTalk

What about worms?

czymom

I saw that thread about rats and mice, i am a true believer when it comes to that. But has anyone had this problem???

When it rains, Buddy is a total maniac! He can sniff a worm from a mile away i believe. He will kind of look and then go right to one a spot in the yard and grab a worm and eat it. :sick: BARF!!!

Usually later he throws them up...aint life grand with a Cairn?

My first Cairn, Andy, could find a worm in the yard no matter how deep it was. He would dig it up and roll around on it. He smelled delightful afterwards! :sick:

I reeeeeeeeally hate worm season!!! These dogs strike like a snake, so fast i can hardly keep them from eating the nasty crap.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I tried to explain to him that worming his way into my heart was just a figure of speech.

LOL :D

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I'm not sure which is worse, eating them or rolling on them ? :sick:

Mett rolls on them as it was the best thing ever!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I wonder if Cairns are the only breed who do that. Both Elliott and Madison love to roll on the worms and bird poop.

And I thought I had the only Cairn worm-roller! Geez I hate that with a passion. Sometimes Scully brings one into the house to roll on it and use it as a play toy. Trying to get her to drop it is no fun, let me tell you! :D

:bubba is knocking on wood:

I have never heard of this! I hope my two don't acquire this habit....it would gross me out! It's all I can do in the summer to get Cooper inside when the moths are out flying at dusk....that is a hoot to watch!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Ah......worm season....I know it all too well!! Finch (knock on wood) doesn't seem to have an interest in worms, but Scout has from day ONE!! She LOVES worms! She will eat them, play with them, and to top it all off, she rolls in them....yuck!!!!!!!!!! I hate worm season! :twisted:

Sophie is attracted to them...especially when they crawl out on the side walk. I know she has slurped some, I really try not to look. I have also had cats that did it complete with rolling on the sticky remains...Yucko.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Kai-lee will dig them up and eat them. What I really hate is if we're out walking and she gets one in her mouth and it just hangs off the side GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!!! I always hated worms to begin with! Then there's cricket season....

Daisy likes it when the June bugs cling to her hair.

Also when they buzz and flop around on the back porch.

:sick: NASTY, CRUNCHY BUGS!!! :sick:

Archived