CairnTalk

No longer the "shaggy dog"

OzGirl

I finally took Roxy to the breeder to learn how to strip her. Now I feel confident that I will be able to manage her coat cos I've watched it be stripped. All the pictures and articles I've read now make sense (I guess I'm a "hands on" kind of girl). I've ordered a stripping knife and am looking forward to trying it - before I forget :D

Here are some before and after shots...

ctdogs.jpg

Great job! She looks beautiful!!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

She looks fantastic,her ears look so much better,but I love how she still has that scruffy look to her coat. I stripped Rebel and I did to much :shy: I can't wait for his fur to grow back, at the moment he looks like he stuck his paw in a power point and his hair all stands out because there is not enough hair to hang down,I want him to look like Roxy :wub:

She looks beautiful! I like that she still has alot of fur, but looks nice and trim. This reminds me that I still need to use the MCK on Finch and trim her ears!

She looks great!

Did they use any other type of tool other than a stripping knife? And how long did it take? Any tips on doing the tail? And how about the legs?

Inquiring minds (like mine) want and need to know. :lol:

I :wub: Roxy!

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

That face reminds me of Grilly as a baby!

Is she a very sensitive dog? Her eyes seem

so expressive. I can always tell what Grilly is

thinking by looking in those eyes!

Enjoy that gorgeous girl!

Ellie

Thanks for all the comments - I think she's pretty cute too :wub:

Did they use any other type of tool other than a stripping knife?
She used a stripping knife to do the big areas and then just used her fingers for the ears and face. I had tried many times to pull the hair of her ears but I mustn't have pulled hard enough cos she got it out real easy. Now Roxy has beautiful soft downy ears, I love them.
And how long did it take?

She spent about 1 hour showing me, but I have to complete it when my knife arrives from the UK (none available here). Her legs aren't fully stripped and she needs a bit more off her body. I was told that when I think I've stripped enough - take off 10% more. So I guess they are supposed to have that shorn look.

Any tips on doing the tail?

I was told to find the end of the tail and pull out all the hair that goes past it then to pull all the long hair right down to the base.

I found it really interesting that after the long hair is pulled out there is a beautiful neat coat underneath, it almost looks like she's had a hair cut.

I hope I'll be able to finish the job without totally messing up her coat. :whistle:

ctdogs.jpg

Great job!! she looks great!! I like the clean ears look too! they look more proportionate! we cleaned up mags last night and still have her tail and ears to do, its been a month! -my bad!

a

Archived