CairnTalk

Friend for Rebel

I want to get a friend for Rebel, I think he needs a playmate. My husband wants to get a pug. They are really cute dogs and I think it will be fine.

The pug breeder I have been talking to asked if I knew of anyone who had a Cairn and a Pug together and how they do?

Rebel was socialized with other dogs and people the first week we got him so I think it will be ok.

Tell me what you think.

Hi Liz,

Why not another Cairn?? We have two and they are becoming such good buddies. Everyone that sees us out walking them comments on how cute they both look together. Our older (11 years) female is almost black and youngest (7 months) is blond.

We took our female to meet the puppy before we made our final decision. She turned her nose up and acted very put out. We were very reluctant at first but they really are starting to bond now. They love to play together and wrestling is always on their agenda first thng in the morning. It's like having two toddlers in the house!! The only problem we have had thus far is feeding times (long story). But we're working on it.

Good luck! And, let us know what you decide.

Cathy

Hi Liz,

I am also on the lookout for a playmate for Maxwell. He is 15months old and I really think he would benefit with another pup to help get rid of his energy. I am looking for another cairn since I think it will take the same breed to keep up with him and not be overloaded. Good luck and I look forward to hearing what you decide.

Melanie

Maxwell

Archived