CairnTalk

Rufus in the Highlands

binkyrab

post-1360-1142018309_thumb.jpgHi All you cairnfolk. I have been a member of this site in the past when we first had our beautiful little man, due to work and other reasons I had to deregester myself, but when I have had a question about my little boy i have always been able to find an answer on this site, I am now a member again and would love to show a snap of Rufus when we drove up to scotland for hogmany, this photo was taken on the balmoral estate, I must add we can't take our pets on flights here we had to drive for 11hours this would have taken 1 hour flying.

Beautiful photos and beautiful, err.. handsome dog! Glad to have you back!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

My dh played golf in Scotland one summer - all the British Open courses. He loved it, and especially the fact that dogs were welcome most everywhere! Your pup is beautiful.

LindaB

Marmielin

You should frame those pics! I'd love having a calendar with photos like that.

We lived in London for a year and our Cairn at the time stayed with my parents. I really liked seeing the well-behaved dogs in our local pub in the evenings, laying by the fire and relaxing just like the rest of us. Hmmm...Hogmany. Isn't that quite the wild event in Scotland? Had a girl from Inverness and a guy from Edinburgh work for me. She stayed away, but he went back every year to party with his friends.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Those pictures look like they just came out of a magazine. Thanks so much for sharing them with us and welcome back.

What beautiful pictures, the landscape is breathtaking, the dog a dream even the person seem other worldly attractive. What a wonderful relaxing view that is. I love running water and that picture is amazing.

Welcome back to the fourm

Sophie

Image032.jpg

post-1360-1142068982_thumb.jpgHi Thanks so much for your knd coments we walked round this loch 10 miles and Rufus was still full of beans when we finished, he looked very much the highland boy in his tartan scarf.

Binky

The photos are amazing. We went to Scotland last year. We drove by Balmoral, but the Queen was in residence so it was closed to visitors. It looks amazing.

Edited to add: We looked everywhere for Cairn Terriers, but we did not see any.

post-1360-1142104642_thumb.jpgBrodys Mum, Yes it is amazing up there the colours even this time of year are fantastic, We did'nt see any cairn's and never have each time we have been there

Prince Charles and Camilla were staying at this house on the edge of the Loch, you can walk right past it ,you can just see there cars on the photo.

What breathtaking pictures! Seems to me like the cairn terrier is the best match if you want a dog in sceneries like that! Thanks for sharing, and welcome back.

I highly recommend a trip to Scotland. It is pricey since the dollar is so weak against the pound, but well worth the money (and lodging is available in all price points). We stayed for two weeks and stayed mostly in the Highlands. The area is absolutely beautiful, pictures really can't do it justice.

Archived