CairnTalk

Camping with our Cairns

mrskti

I was wondering how many of you out there take your cairns camping with you? I know there are a few of us, just wondered how your dogs do. I do confess, we're not the 'typical' campers....we actually motor home it. We're heading to Fort Wilderness tomorrow for three days before we head back north to snow!!!!

I came across a campground that is specifically dog friendly, and didnt know if anyone had heard of it. Brad if i'm not allowed to post the site, just delete this post. I think it looks kind of cool, and i'd love to go there.

http://www.4pawskingdom.com/index.html

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

We take our gang (RV) camping from time to time. They like the woods and the beach equally.

coast.gif

When we go camping it's usually with some friends of ours who are 'non-doggy' but who are very tolerant of our gang, even helping us walk them and so on. I think they view our dogs like we view small children or Parson Russell terriers - great fun to be around, but glad they go home with someone else :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

Yeah, we took Connor and Elsa on a REAL campin trip when they were only five months old! They love sleeping in the tent. They get two x-pens in a big circle for their yard.

Dang, my camping pics are on another laptop!

We're going to drive over to the beach this trip, I cant wait to see how they respond to that. We'll have to keep a tight hold of Ellie, she's such a water freak!!!

Ellie jump off the bed this morning onto Dori....Dori is limping and is totally po'd at ellie....had to pull her off ellie. She's favoring her back leg, hope she's ok. She's alseep by me right now.

We have a 5th wheel RV, we go quite a bit from spring through fall, Kai-lee loves it! Once we're back home it usually takes her a whole day to recuperate...That campround looks interesting, we'll have to keep it in mind if we travel that way.

Brad, I love the picture on the beach, I'd love to take Kai-lee to the beach sometime!

Ellie jump off the bed this morning onto Dori....Dori is limping and is totally po'd at ellie....had to pull her off ellie.  She's favoring her back leg, hope she's ok.  She's alseep by me right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh goodness....... :(

Please keep an eye on her. This is how Tabitha tore her ACL that required surgery.

(jumping off our bed)

Yes Teri, that crossed my mind as she was yelping. Dori was already on the floor and bulldozer jumped on her. I have to admit Dori is my little baby girl, ellie is just so much more beefy. I dont worry about her jumping as much as Dori.

I have steps that came in at home for them to get up on the bed, I cant wait to see how those work out. They'll probably try to just leap over it....sigh.

They seemed to have made up....we're going to take them for a ride, i'm going to try to talk dh into heading towards the beach.

Maggie: i thought the stuff the campground had for the dogs was kind of neat, not sure how the rest of the park is. I did read positive feedback on it though. After disney campground, you get pretty spoiled with the beauty and cleanliness etc....everyother place is downhill from there. IMHO of course! ;)

We've taken maggie camping, we put her kennel in the tent with us... last year was our first summer with us, we went camping, fishing, the drive-in, santa parade...she goes with us everywhere...and ice fishing yesterday for a few hours! ...we do have an expen for her and her kennel is invaluable!

brad that picture is great, where is it at? beautiful!

a

We had all four of ours in a campsite during the hurricane evacuation. We were in a tent and they loved it. At first the neighbors were concerned as three of mine are quite large but by that evening they were over playing with they crew. They boys of course were eating up the extra attention.

Mrskti, thanks for the link. My husband and I may try to check the place out later in the year. If you make it before we do please let us know how you and your fur baby like it.

SARpartner, will do....not sure if we'll make it this year, we're heading to CA in June....now that will be one big A camping trip from florida to CA to IL. WOW!!!! I cant wait. If you get there first, take lots of pictures!!!!

Murph was such a great hiking dog. He went on many a back country backpacking trip with us. Hiking approx 6 miles a day. Keeping perfect pace with us. Camping over night in the middle of nowhere, amongst all the wildlife. Never causing any issue. He was even perfect on the rare occasions where we had to sneak him into a hotel room. I really miss taking him and I know he misses it too. He goes on some day hikes from time to time, but I mostly have to carry him now. Here's a few pics of his last big camping trip that we took with my friend's JRT and my Collie.

mur_camp3.jpg

f8c0d3bd.jpg

f8c0d3dd.jpg

f8c0d3d8.jpg

f8c0d3b4.jpg

f8c0d3ce.jpg

Murph's favorite picture. Finally a use for JRTs. Diverting attention away for the Collie nose poke, so he can camp in peace. :)

f8c0d3c6.jpg

Les...

NothinButtDogs.com

video_butt2.jpg

Music Dog Videos - featuring Murph the Cairn, Oz and Gully the Collies and Idgie the Jack

Nothin' Butt Dogs - Picture Contest - July 2006 Photo Contest... Theme: Naughty Dogs... Submit Picture by July 30th, 2006.

Archived