CairnTalk

Doggie Daycare

Teri9672

Has anyone taking their pooches for doggie daycare??

There is a very nice kennel down the road from work that offers daycare services.

I'm going to go by after work and check them out. I'd love to have the girls there once a week for socialization and play dates.

I wonder if they'd like it? They love to go to the groomers and play with the cats and other dogs. They are there now and I gotta go at lunch to pick them up.

:wub:

Teri,

I haven't personally done the Doggie Day Care thing, but I know of someone who is using it this week while she's in the Turks and Caicos on vacation. We actually met just recently as a result of her noticing a fellow Annapolis resident (me) on this forum, and PM'ing me. Her Cairns are named Trapper and Murphy.

She may be able to give you a fresh outlook when she returns home, sometime after this coming Sunday.

Linda, when you make it home maybe you can tell us all the pros and cons on Doggie Day Care.

Tara, Olie and Teddy's Mom

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

My pup goes to doggie daycare once a week and he absolutely LOVES it!! He meets up with some old pals and he also makes new friends. (He actually went there today.) Today there was a pug (absolutely adorable), a collie, a chocolate lab, a mixed breed and a couple of others. They all romp around the puppy suite and chase each other continuously. I can not say enough wonderful things about a doggie daycare. My pup continues to gain some serious socializing skills, he absolutely loves other pups, he gets tons of exercise and he learns to get along without me with him constantly. It's a treat for us both. He comes home exhausted but happy. I started to take him a little at a time. The first time we just visited the daycare together and stayed for about fifteen minutes. The second time I took him, I dropped him off for two hours (I took him on a quiet day so he wouldn't be overwhelmed). The third time he spent four hours and now he will spend a full seven to eight hour day. At the beginning, he had a little separatuon anxiety and cried when I left. But now??? He just looks at me as if to say, "see yah latah!!" When he gets home his fur is all unkempt because of all the play spit on him. I have full confidence in my puppy daycare lady. She is great with dogs. I have nothing but great things to say about taking my dog to puppy daycare. I hope that you will find what a great joy it is to you and your pups as well. For us, it is an absolute blessing. :thumbsup:

thanks Lisa.

I went to check it out and found out they are in the process of building an entire outdoor play area for doggie daycare. It should be finished by spring. I think I'll wait until it open and see about taking the girls for a day and see how they like it.

My pup Charley - 8 months, goes to DayCare about 2-3 times a week, depending on my schedule. He LOVES it! They actually have a little doggie daycare bus that picks up the pooches close to my home (I live in the city of Boston). There have been days when he has practically dragged me on the bus with him as he tries to get on there :P . To me that's the biggest cue that he loves to go. :thumbsup:

Archived