CairnTalk

What's that noise?

Tracy A.

Mett & Bratt caught in the act- on the forbidden leather couches-

I shot the video on my digital camera, so the quality is a bit dark. hopefully this will work,i've never posted a video before. Click on the image.

p6s0x2l1.jpg

I just realized that I can't type! and can'd edit the sub topic! Oh well, you all get the gist.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Oh my! We have decided to build a house in the next year and have been looking around at furniture to fill it with. Every leather couch is beautiful and comfortable, but I keep telling him not with the dogs. He doesn't seem to believe me that their nails will scratch it up....how bad does it?

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Our leather was treated, and doesn't scratch.... I was specific about that when we were shopping for it. I also got charcoal color so it wouldn't get dirty!

My concern was nail punctures on the leather, but that hasn't happened, and they haven't scratched it either...... but they do sound like a herd of cattle when they play on it.

Over all, i've been very happy with the Leather, we kick up a bit of dust cleaning out the fire place and I just dust the leather with a swiffer.... we've had it for 3 years now.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Yep, that looks like ellie and dori too, I have this big L shaped leather couch in the family room which is usually blocked off from them, and they think it 's there for their pleasure!!!! I'll have to see if I can do that too....these girls are bullistic on the sofa.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

We have leather furniture in our family room too. We haven't allowed the dogs on it, but Finch tries to sneak in there all the time. She "makes her bed" often and I was afraid of what she would do with the sofa. The other day I went in and found scratch marks on all the cushions!!!! I took a damp paper towel and wiped the cushions down and the scratches are gone!! I still don't like them on the furniture, but it's good to know that they won't ruin the leather if they do go on. I'm sure we will ease up on this by next year, but after you plop down a large amount of money for leather...you don't want it ruined! We have pocket doors in our family room, so I just keep them closed unless we are in the room.

We have a cheap leather sofa and it is indeed scratched thoroughly. I suspect a better quality leather might fare better. But we chose it for being easy to keep the mud and hair off, without spending a fortune on nice leather, so we pretty much knew it would get scratched. The dogs aren't just allowed on it - they're invited up.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

:devil: What naughty boys! Oh well mine do worse always when I am not looking, I shudder to think what turning on a video camera in my house when I am gone would reveal! :lol:

Archived