CairnTalk

To Stuff A Kong....

purebella

Just wondering what others use in their kong stuffing......

I recently got a kong and am looking for ideas

sorry if this has been done before d035.gif

MMMM...Yummy Kong!!

I put treats (doggy cookies, carrots, etc) all the way in and then fill in the spots with peanut butter and then freeze it over night. Takes them FOREVER to work on that. Also provides opportunity for great pics as they lie on their backs trying to shake out the goodies :lol:

I too fill Mila's kong with canned food and freeze overnight. Actually, I just went and purchased enough to fill up 5 at a time to get through the work week. I have also used cream cheese and peanut butter, but I really like the idea of placing something else in with the peanut butter ... a little more work for them.

I have been using doggie cookies, chopped, covered with peanut butter or

a little of his regular food. For some reason I never thought about freezing it

the night before. Good Idea. I also get 'Buffalo Marrow Bones' from the Natural

Pet Food Store and give him one just before I leave for work. When I come home

at noon it is clean...clean...clean.

we use dog biscuits with pup corn... if the pup corn gets wet from saliva it becomes semi soft and doesn't fall out of the kong.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

I want to buy a couple of these for my two, so I want to know if most cairns do like them. Mine are picky and I don't want to throw money out the door. I can't find any type of treat that takes them more then 10 minutes to eat, so I am looking for a loooonnnnngggg lasting thing.

I agree, something long lasting would be nice. Ellie is a vacuum when it comes to eating....that can be a pain some times!!! I'm thinking chunks of cement would be my best bet!! LOL

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I think the stuff a kong balls are awesome! It keeps Darcy thinking and plotting how to get the food out. She goes insane for it... like I go crazy for my Starbucks coffee. Typically one lasts Darcy 30-60 minutes... we only put dry products in them because we don't want to put up with the mess on the carpeting.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

We use the small Kongs and fill them with baby carrots and cheese whiz! The Kong will hold about 2 small carrots and then I stick the cheeze whiz nozzle in and spray around the carrots. They don't end up with alot of cheese, but they don't mind! I have to watch Scout carefully with the Kongs because her favorite position, when chewing on the Kongs, is on her back! She holds the Kong with her paws and chews away. About a year or so ago she started to choke on a piece of carrot that fell from the Kong straight into her mouth. Now she can't have the Kong unless she is right in front of me and I can prevent her from laying on her back.

Anyone else have a Cairn that likes to hold objects like that? She holds her chew toys and stuffed animals the same way!

Savannah will hold her toys like that but I have never seen her do it with her Kong. She usually holds it between her two front paws and chews away!

SavannahKong.jpg

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived