CairnTalk

Steam Cleaners

savannahsmom35

I know that this topic has come up before but I can't seem to find it. WIth our tax refund this year, I want to buy a steam cleaner to rid of old accident stains and the dirt that Savannah brings into the house. What carpet steam cleaners do you have and would you recommend it?

Thanks all!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I just have a small Bissell spot cleaner, Little Green Machine.

I have had mine professionally cleaned and also have rented machines, as I do not want to store it.

Sorry, wish I could help more....

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I have the Bissell 7920 Pro Heat and it is fabulous! It costs about $170 but worth it. It has a Scotch Guard feature and the liquid spray bottle to pre-treat stains works very well. You can also clean upholstery and draperies with the attachment.

Our family room gets massive traffic from us coming in from the garage and the dogs going in and out to the yard (read that mud). This machine keeps the carpet looking like new. It's easy to setup so I use it to spot clean after an accident. I also use Spot Shot, an aerosol cleaner (WalMart has it). We cleaned spots on the upstairs carpets left by the previous owners of our house!!!

Just a note on these machines - the self-propelled models are very heavy to lift before you fill them with water, not worth it.

With Spring cleaning coming, may I also recommend some books by Linda Cobb, she is known as The Queen of Clean. Her books have helped me a lot. She uses a lot of normal ingredients to remove stains instead of dangerous chemicals.

I have a Bissell quick steamer. I got it for around $80.00 at the local Walmart.

It's smaller than the other steamers, it states on the label that it's the lightest upright steamer on the market. It takes up the same amout of space that my vaccum takes.... down side is that it does not have rotating brush on the bottom, like the larger ones have- which I miss.... I also have a hand held one, which is great for a spot or two---but not a whole room.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I have an older model Hoover Steam Vac that hubby bought for me quite awhile ago. I know there are upgraded models but mine works pretty good. Ever since we got Elliott, I think I put about 350 miles on that sucker! :D

We have the Bissell Spot Bot which works absolutely great for surface and set in stains! It has the rotating brush and everything. As the reviews state, it does such a good job that you want to clean your entire carpet after using it!

Hopefully we will be replacing our step and hallway carpets with laminate or hard wood.

Heh, I got the Little Green Machine AND the Bissel Pro Heat! The big Bissel has paid for itself many times over (eg, cleaning the carpets of a rental instead of paying a pro to do it) and I used it just this morning to clean up some barf!

The Little Green Machine is so little I hardly ever bother with it.

We rent from Shoprite because we wanted to invest in a Dyson to get rid of allergens....we're happy with the Shoprite ones (I don't know the model, not Bissell, I think it's Dirt Devil).

Heh, I got the Little Green Machine AND the Bissel Pro Heat!  The big Bissel has paid for itself many times over (eg, cleaning the carpets of a rental instead of paying a pro to do it) and I used it just this morning to clean up some barf!

The Little Green Machine is so little I hardly ever bother with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also have both machines. I really like my Bissel Pro Heat, but I broke the little thingy that locks the handle in place and so it is kind of hard to use. After that I got the Little Greem Machine and I don't find it to be that great, as I have to apply a lot of pressure to make it clean the carpet. I would try the Spot Bot, if you need a small machine.

Archived