CairnTalk

2 cairn paintings I did this week.

Mollyrocker

I don't have a Cairn yet... I have a yellow Lab that is typically the subject of my paintings.

I lurk on the board all the time, post occasionally and I just love Cairns..hope to be an owner one day.

I used some photos as reference to try my hand at painting Cairns this week.

All you expert Cairn owners..Do you think they capture the Cairn? Comments appreciated.

cairn_small.jpg

cairn_small2.jpg

the coat is not easy to render.

I do believe you captured the breed!!!

You should sell your paintings as they are wonderful!! You are very talented!!

Thanks for sharing and hope to hear you have a Cairn in your life soon.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

You did a wonderful job; I especially like the bottom picture standing in the flowers. I wish I could paint I think it would be fun. :thumbsup:

Tuff & Tippy

They are both lovely! I wish I had artistic talent like that.

Personally, (because the colors and expression appeal to me most) I would buy the Cairn in the flowers! So sweet!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Beautiful! I would love for someone to paint one of my Savannah! I would buy it in a heartbeat.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Guest Darcy's Mom

Very nice...you captured the Cairn look just right. Especially with the little pink tongue on the cairn in the flowers. Ok, anybody thinking calendars, portraits, etc.???

Those are wonderful. Let me know when you want me to send Sugar for her sitting. (like she would sit for a painting)

You are indeed very talented and if you every decided to sell some of your work please send me the information

Liz

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

My Goodness...they're beautiful! I especially like the second one. The colours are so vibrant.....makes me feel happy!!

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Wow! More support than I could have imagined. I guesss I have to get busy! A few of you seem to be interested in buying the watercolor I posted. It is very small, approx 3"x3".

Edit: edited per guidelines

Hope it is okay to make such an offering...let me know if it not appropriate.

Molly

Hate to be a sticky wicket - but to keep the spam down there's a simple 'no advertising' policy. If you have an appropriate web site, you can advertise it with text ads, such as are shown in the upper right corner.

And well done, indeed. I asked an illustrator I worked with once to draw me a Cairn so I could make a t-shirt transfer. He complained about the coat - "It's like trying to draw a Q-tip!"

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

Archived