CairnTalk

Score for the Bossy One!

mrseggcup

Eli here! Honestly, just when I think I have that Bossy One right where I want her, she pulls a fast one. I suspect she is learning alot of stuff on THIS forum. I may have to resort to restricting her computer time, tho I like when she is on-line b/c I can act up a bit when she is occupied.

So, anyway, yesterday I was running around the yard, barking my fool head off at anything and everything, or nothing at all. I was polishing her "speak" skills:

Me: Woof! Woof! Woof!

Bossy One responds: Eli! No bark!

Me: Woof! Woof! WOOF!

Bossy One: Eli! No BARK!

Me: Good girl! Woof! WOOF! WOOF!

And on and on. She was trying to get me to come in, but I was having no part of that. Nope. Not even for a treat. And she can't catch me b/c she is a plump, middle-aged up-right. HA!

So, anyway, I am having a gay old time and she's getting annoyed. Like she has something better to do, which I doubt. Then she gets this bright idea to leave the sliding glass door open while she goes to the OTHER door and RINGS THE DOORBELL, so I dash into the house, thinking we have visitors! Yup, she got me! and as embarassing as this is, I felt I had to pass this info along to you other dawgs so you do not fall for the same trick. I think those up-rights share information. We gotta stick together and stay one step ahead of them or they will continue to be Alpha!

Cairns, UNITE!!!!

Woof! Woof! Woof!

Eli

I'm with ya on that one, Eli....the door bell trick is pretty sneaky. You gotta watch those up-rights every minute because you never know what they're going to try to pull.

Of course, my big brother Olie and I would enjoy barking even if there were no one at the door. As a matter of fact, we have a strict policy; we only bark in two circumstances. These are: 1. Somewhere else in the world, another dog is barking 2. Nowhere else in the world is another dog barking.

It's tough, but we stick to these guidelines. :halo:

Gotta go, Mom's coming.

Teddy, the Birthday Boy, a big 4 today!

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Do you know how many occassions I have made my upright late for work appointments ??? - wow, does she freak out, when I run behind the sofa. i just love that game of hide and seek -don't you? Keep them guessing !

Rusty

These uprights pull some pretty sneaky tricks. Better make sure that MY uprights don't read this. They could probably use this on me and it would work EVERYTIME!!! Once that doorbell rings, I am not in control of my own actions anymore. :whistle:

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Woof! Me, again! Dang! I am ashamed to admit to you dawgs that I fell for that sneaky door-bell trick AGAIN! TWICE! And boy, is the Alpha B*tch all smug about THAT! Seems I cannot resist that possibility that we might have visitors. I LOVE visitors. Heck, if there aren't any visitors, I can always make a fuss until she lets me back out to resume my incessant, pointless bark-fest.

I did get even last night. I unrolled the toilet paper. I hadn't done that for a while and I'd forgotten how fun that is. I especially like the look on the upright's face when the discover what you've done. You know what I mean!

Woof!

Eli

Dude! Alfie thinks you are Da Man because you got even with the Bossy One! He's being a good boy because he wants his treats, ya know, and he knows when he hears 'are you a good boy?' he sits and waits for that treat? He also says he's got his eye on the toilet paper, too, just in case I pull that kind of trick on him...

Archived