CairnTalk

Connor Strikes Again

TheScotts

Well, Connor the Destroyer ate the canvas cover for the dh's beloved barbeque! I'm thinking the winds blew it down and sometime during the day when I was at work; Connor shredded it.

Now, Connor has eaten several towels and rugs, and part of a blanky, :devil: so he doesnt get a bed during the day when we are out and he does not get the run of the house.

The dh is out of town, so I SHOULD have noticed this thing on the ground and saved it (rats!). The dh gets SO annoyed when Connor does this!

Do I tell the dh on the phone or wait till he gets home??

Naw, I can't secretly replace the thing, he'd know :whistle:

BTW, the little horror has plenty of chewies. He prefers cloth! WHEN will he out grow this, y'all?

Other than this little predilection of his for fabric destruction, he is a doll!

"We had such terrible winds while you were away dear, that your bbq cover completed disappeared!"???

(Only do this with a completely straight face and your fingers crossed behind your back)

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

I definately vote for the above, tell DH that the wind blew it away and take it to a friend's house and stash it in the trash. No need to let hubby know about the incident, as sometimes the men just don't understand like us mom's do!

Sorry about the cover...that stinks! I think I would tell DH before he comes home...so he is prepared. Scout was a chewer too and chewed up shoes, purses, and other leather items. We gave her lots of things to chew on, but she loved shoes! Scout was crated until she was over 2 years old and she stopped chewing up things. Finch never chewed up things and I have no idea why one dog chews everything and why one doesn't. :confused:

As I read your post, the first thing I thought of was to fib and say the wind blew it away :shy: ! Then, I went on and saw the other posts saying the same thing......heh.

I am terrible liar, so......not sure if I could fib. Maybe just tell him....after he gets home. I think it is harder to yell in person rather than on the phone.

Good luck and ya gotta come back and tell how it went.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Well, it WAS fearsome windy! We have these these hot winter winds called Santa Ana in Southern California....sorta like the Chinook winds of Colorado. Hmmmm....once ya start fibbing, ya gotta keep fibbing! Tempting, tho :whistle:

Hehheh, Connor is Daddy's Best Boy and dh can't stay mad for two seconds....

Thanks for the sympathy!

Brad :lol:

We have rabid squirrels in our neck of the woods. :whistle:

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

You could even add that Connor chased the chewing squirrel/raccoon/cat out of the yard but it was too late. Connor ran over to the BBQ cover and sadly looked at the chew marks, knowing that his Dad would think it was him. Hmmm....too far maybe..... :whistle:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Say nothing. When he says something tell him it must have fallen off. Don't lie just omit. :devil:

Sugar chewed on the corner of the ottoman, I got some thread and just fixed it best I could. Maybe he will never notice. Sugar is a chewer also and it drives me nuts!

Good luck

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Oh, I kicked that can down the road, chickened out. Well, poor dh was soo tired from a long day....

Working on the flying rabid possum story, thanks Brad

Or else it will be "Oh yeah goodnight honey love you too Connor ate the BBQ cover Ill get a BETTER one talk to you tomorrow! (click) :P

"Oh yeah goodnight honey love you too Connor ate the BBQ cover Ill get a BETTER one talk to you tomorrow!  (click)

That's an excellent approach.

Another possibility: a good defense is a strong offense - "Honey, I think you forgot to clean the BBQ before you covered it because Connor shredded it in the process of trying to get grease off of it. Lucky for you Connor was OK. Next time, be more careful, would you?"

:whistle:

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

You could have Connor buy him a new and improved

version for an early father's day present! Always look

on the bright side :D

Ellie

:idea:

Archived