CairnTalk

Color

Toto

Update: OK, maybe it was just me. I deleted the link to the breeder's site as it was basically an ad. (Don't worry - I know that's not why you posted it.) Here is the image without the rest of the page:

Bentley_grape_lk.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

Guest Darcy's Mom

I love his coloring. In the photo he shows a lot of red with some dark markings on his mask. Is that photo pretty true? He's very handsome!!

I love the coloring too! Scout has some of that deep red hair coming in...maybe she will look like this soon? Who knows.......ya never do with a Cairn!

The color is beautiful. It is different from most Cairn's pictured here. A breeder I spoke with last summer was very excited to be planning on mating one of her females with a red male. I believe the pups are to be born sometime this spring. It's a very striking color. I love it.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

I agree that he is gorgeous. What's so great about the Cairn is that there is so much diversity in the coat coloring....only color not allowed is white.

I've always wanted one of mine to start showing some dark brindle to their coats.

Beautiful coloring but indeed not something that is seen very often. Savannah is getting some red in on her back. I think the dogs with the red are beautiful. We were originally looking for a red Cairn but found that they tend to be much more expensive (at least in my part of the country).

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I went to visit the and take some 2 week old puppy pictures and took Sugar to get some grooming lessons this past weekend. While I was there she let me visit with one of her males that she thought I would like. He is black but his undercoat is red. His mask was black like midnight.

I think they can really come out any color since most of them started as dark you could breed two reds and come out with a dark or mixed color.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

The color is beautiful. It is different from most Cairn's pictured here. A breeder I spoke with last summer was very excited to be planning on mating one of her females with a red male. I believe the pups are to be born sometime this spring. It's a very striking color. I love it.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scout has been getting alot of red hair on her, especially around her chin. It's a wierd red.

january20scout28ka.jpg

You can see the "copper like" color around her chin and the side of her muzzle. The rest of her hair has tons of red under this coat. Spring is going to be interesting!

july21scout5ej.jpg

You can see it better in this picture. I wonder if she will turn this color all over??

Shoe I don't really know, but I see that red in the muzzle in lots of dogs. I tend to think it's something not really related to the change in coat colors that brindles so often go through. Maybe similar to the discoloration that you see on white dogs around their mouths sometimes.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

Marge and Toto -- Allie and I are in Minneapolis, and we got Allie from a breeder in Loyal, Wisconsin. She's a red brindle with lots of red underneath the blackt op coat. Maybe some of our dogs are related?

Archived