CairnTalk

Groomed Fergus

Catfish1

Back in November, our groomer promised she would give Fergus a complete hand stripping if we brought him in during her slow time, in January. Last Wednesday was the day. She kept him the entire day and did a complete hand stripping, trimmed his head, ears, tail, butt, and feet, then finised up with a nail clipping and a bath. All in all...a complete doggie spa day!

Here are the results!

BEFORE

Before2.jpg

Before1.jpg

AFTER

After2.jpg

After1.jpg

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Fergus looks fabulous. I bet all the girls are chasing him! Mind you, that'd have to wade through all that white stuff outside of his house.

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Oh, he looks so good! I really like how it looks between his eyes on the bridge of the snout. Remdinds me that I need to have a beauty day with the boys soon....

I think they need to meet Mr. Soap & Mr. Bath- though in truth I dread giving them a bath! But the baby wipes aren't getting all the dirt out anymore....

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

He looks great, but personally I love a Cairn trimmed or untrimmed! It's funny how you caught him in his favorite place for those pictures... almost reminds me of before and after photos of weight loss commercials. LOL!!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Fergus looks great!!! Did you get to watch to see how she did it? If so, can you give some tips on how to get the head shaped like that. I have such a hard time with the tail and head! **Sighs**

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Thank you all for the compliments. We were were very happy with the results too!

In answer to Savannahsmom, Neither my wife or I were there to see how she did the body stripping or his face. However, on one of the other grooming trips, she touched up his face with scissors..trimming the eybrows, around the eyes, muzzle, cheeks and chin. In the photo (side view) You can see she used the scissors but she must have hand stripped also, as there is much less fur around his head than before. I know she did some hand stripping of his tail, as well, but used scissors to shape. It's interesting when looking at the before and after side views, it looks like Fergus lost a few pounds in the after picture. Those before photos were taken the night before the trip to the groomers so the "weight loss" is all due to the stripping!

We are now going to try to keep up the look with the stripping tool, scissors and thinning shears. Next time we take him in for a touch up. I'll make sure I ask her to explain , in detail, how she did his face. As a side note, it was this groomer that suggested we use thinning shears rather than scissors. It takes longer but you can't really make a bad looking cut.

Rene....I was waiting for you to make a comment about the snow!!

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Archived