CairnTalk

NILIF

kandya

I was googling along when I found this article. It sounds interesting and am interested if anyone has had success with their cairn and this method. I have a little :devil: who has learned a lot of tricks, but I can't get her to come unless I have a treat for her and then it's 50/50 depending on her mood :whistle: . It's the only thing my husband can't stand (he thinks he's the dog whisperer).

http://www.cairnrescue.com/docs/NILIF.htm

abbyrose17lk.gifAbby Rose

Although I haven't tried it, I've heard that NILIF is can be a very successful technique. On the other hand, if Abbey Rose comes 50% of the time, she sounds like a typical cairn to me!

P.S. Abbey Rose is a such a beauty, DH should forgive her anything!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I've used this method with all my dogs, Cairn included. And it has turned out some very well mannered dogs. The hardest thing is not to be swayed by that cute Cairn face.

Great article! Thanks for the post. We did a modified version

when Grill was a pup. I think Madison could definitely use this!!

Ellie

I read the article with my mouth open :shock:

I admit I'm guilty of not following all those rules...the furniture, the bed, the doorway...I must be either be a horrible Cairn mommy or a huge push-over.

Should I get tough?

That is a great article. I read about NILIF before but not this specific. We've been applying NILIF whenever we can and we're happy with the way Alfie behaves. This article, however, touches on a lot of other things we haven't tried, so, thanks for sharing this! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the article! We apply some of the methods already, but I am going to try to include more.

The only one I don't know if we can do is not having dogs sleep in our bed. We love having Scout and Finch in our bed! They sleep at our feet, but they love to snuggle before we go to sleep and in the morning.

Great article - me and DS use quite a few of those already.....teh bed one......mm we let her sleep with us at times!!!!

As for sitting for her meals......she lays down....not sure if that is good or bad???

Archived