CairnTalk

Pet Stairs Infomercial

Anna_525

We were watching a show on Animal Planet and saw this infomercial for the portable stairs for the pet to climb up to bed, the back of an SUV, etc. I had this gut feeling a cairn will be one of the pets shown. Not only was there one but two cairns, a wheaten and a gray brindle. Anyone else see this?

I haven't seen it but will be looking for it now.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

No, I haven't seen it either. Yesterday I got the new Penney's catalog and remembered someone had posted about the Cairn sitting on the bed so I looked it up. WAY cute!

Yes, I did see that commercial last weekend. I thought it was good price for two stairs, $39.95. We paid $79 or more for one but it is larger and has storage under the steps. The dogs never used it. We bought it because our bed is high and Eric was having trouble getting down. He ignored the steps and just flung himself off the bed! So I bought him an ottoman and he uses that. Now the cats have the stairs.

Hey...why is it that our little guy can climb mountains, jump up onto steep rocks (and doesn't want any help doing it mind you) but to jump up on our bed - it's impossible. I have tried to teach him to take a little "jogging leap" (the bed is not high at all) but he just wont do it. He makes me laugh.

No, I haven't seen the commercial but my dog should have played the actor in it :lol:

I didn't see it, but on one of the shopping channels the other day, there was a ramp type thing for dogs getting up onto beds with. It was basically a slanted top box w/a lid that made the ramp and you could store stuff inside it too. Looking at it, I would make it, if I needed one, for a heck of a lot cheaper.

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Ditto, Cairns 2. I also bought the stairs for the bed. Like your guys, mine figured out that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. When he wants to get off the bed, he doesn't take a detour to use the stairs...he just launches himself into space!

I'm planning to use the stairs as a fleece-covered plant stand.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Archived