CairnTalk

What dog books/magazines do you have?

kayharley

The only subscription magazine I get right now is The Whole Dog Journal. I do love Christine Carter's "The Cairn Terrier" and a small little kennel club book "Cairn Terrier.

I have a couple training books, the Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook and an agilty book.

And I think I get every catalog from every dog store in the USA.

I have several Cairn Terrier books, but I don't have any magazines. Is there a Cairn Terrier magazine out there??? I would love to subscribe!

I have four books specific to Cairns. I have several others as well: Mother Knows Best and (one of my favorites) How To Be Your Dogs Best Friend by the Monks of New Skete (even though they raise Shepherds, it's still a nice read). I don't subscribe to any dog magazines but I too would be interested in one if any are available.

I have 2 books specific to Cairns, House training for Dummies, and something about training "no bark" (didn't work). I want the Dog Owners Home Veterinary handbook and would also be interested in subscribing to a Cairn terrier specific magazine if one exists.

Oh, and i know what you mean about dog catalogs. Sometimes I get more mail for the dog than I do for myself!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I am going to subscribe to the Cairn Terrier Club of America Newsletter. I checked just last week because a friend gave me her past copies...some dating back to 1992 and they have a wealth of information. It is like a small magazine. It is all about Cairn Terriers and has articles about health concerns, standards, earthdog and agillity. Tips on breeding and first aid. I loved reading them and looking at the different dogs.

It is geared more for people who are showing dogs but many of the articles are for cairn terrier owners.

As soon as I have know my sponsors long enough I hope to be able to join the club. Then my membership pays for the newsletter. But until then I will probably order the newsletter.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Puppies for Dumbies! Was actually really helpful in preparing for a puppy to enter our home... especially since I am a first time dog owner.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

At Borders yesterday I bought a book specifically about house training that I think is going to be very helpful, and another called The Only Dog Training Book You'll Ever Need (right!) or something like that. The house training book has been very helpful.

i just subscribed to "Just Terriers", this issue is on Lakelands and the next is dedicated to Cairns. I'm looking forward to getting that one. It's not an every month mag, i think it's quarterly. One of the contributing authors is my trainer...which we need to get back to!!

I got the Cairn Terrier book for christmas, havent had time to read it yet.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Archived