CairnTalk

my goofy dog.....

bubba

As I have mentioned before, since Cooper had his trip to the emergency vet back on the 1st, he has been carrying about his little red devil ball like a pacifier. He will have that thing in his mouth for hours, at time chomping on it so it makes a popping noise since the squeeker is long gone. The other night, it got the best of me, so I took it and put it on the coffee table. Well, he would have nothing of that and kept trying to get it. I finally had to take it and put it inside the coffee table, behind a closed door that opens by pressing on it.

Needless to say, he parked himself in front of that door for the next two hours, trying to find a way in. He finally pressed on it with his nose, causing the door to pop open, which scared him half to death and he jumped back and now stares at hit from a distance.

I figured he had forgotten about it, but last night, he found his angel ball and is back to his tricks w/that!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Finch takes her frisbee to bed our bed (HER pacifier) sometimes and I have to put it into our closet, otherwise she whines for me to play with her. She will get up in the morning and stand at the closet door with her nose pressing on the door....it's really funny to see! Cairn's ARE determined and they NEVER forget!

My pup loves that little, red, devil ball too. Unfortunately for me, the squeaker ISN'T broken in his "yet". Squeak, squeak....squeak-squeak-squeak....squeak, squeak, squeak. Yup, they are too funny!!

Widget "found" the squeaker in the soft toy that we purchased him when we first met him. He would just chew on the squeaker through the fabric of the toy.

squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak

squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak

Well luckily for us and unluckily for him he chewed through the fabric. He then started to empty the contents of the stuffing out onto the floor.

Funny how the dogs will affix to certain things or certain parts of toys.

Sophie gets weirded out by squeeky toys, the noise both attracts her and scares her in equal measure. She does have a spider toy she stole from the cats that she enjoys alot. Will lay on her back, put that thing in her mouth and shake her head back and forth...its strange.

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

I LOVE this story about Cooper! It so defines the determined nature of a terrier. At all costs, they WILL figure it out! So sweet! Hey, think of it this way... a new trick you can use on your friends... look how smart Cooper is... etc! LOL!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

My pup loves that toy and we have bought two for him - the first thing he does is pull the little legs off, then treats the toy like a ball and lays fetch with it. :) And the squeaker only lasts a couple of minutes before it malfunctions. :(

I think "determined" is the right term. For every Cairn I've known you can leave a toy parked out of reach for months and they NEVER forget about it. :D

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I would happy to hear "squeak, squeak" again. Emma got two toys at Christmas from her breeders. One is an elf that has a music box instead of a squeaker and he sings Jingle Bells. The other is a snowman that sings We Wish you a Merry Christmas. Do you know what it's like to hear these songs a dozen times a day?

She growls at them and makes this puppy bark sound until she sets off the music again! By Easter I'll be nuts!

Savannah got one of these toys for Christmas but I am wondering if it tastes funny to her. She loves it to squeak but everytime she picks it up, she immediatly drops it and repeatedly sticks her tongue out. I think I will try washing it off and try it again.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Yep! That's the toy....he has been carrying the angel one around now for two days. If Yoda goes near it (on the off chance he has dropped it for something else), he zooms over there and picks it up! I was laughing so hard last night at the two of them.

Now remember, Yoda is a schnoodle (who thinks he is a cairn!), and is very sweet and mild mannered (Cooper is too, but in a different sort of way). Well, last night, Cooper misplaced his little angel, and Yoda found it and hid it in a throw up on the couch when Cooper wasn't looking. Yoda then picked up another favorite toy, then hopped on the couch with it and laid on top of that angel like a chicken on an egg, almost forever! Cooper finally tracked his angel down and his nose was so bent out of shape that his 'brother' wouldn't move so he could get it....we were both in hysterics watching.

Gotta love that sibling rivalry!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

I bought one of those "The Dog" stuffed pups with the giant head and tiny body and there was a voice/bark box in it. Bosco got so upset hearing the barking that he meticulously ripped the toy apart in 30 mins. Wouldnt let us take it away from him, and he was determined to get rid of the other barker - only one of those allowed in our house. :D

**Note to sellf** get Emma an Easter toy that plays something annoying! lol (joking Cairn2) Sorry could not resist.

Poor Abe does not get to play with any of his squeaky toys anymore!

Scruffy is absolutely terrified of unusual noises. He hides! and shakes and hunkers down so pitifully. We can not figure it out. I even had bubble gum the other day and was popping it and he ran behind the chair and peeped at me! it was pitiful.

I do NOT know what the previous owners were like, but I am soooooo glad he is with us now. Poor Scruf.

Val

Hi! Riley also loves the "angel" toys - - but loves the "devil" toys even more - - (figures) - -same brand of toy but the "devil" one has little ears!! He was constantly carrying around a purple one - - -we ended up buying him a red one, an orange one and a white one. He will play "fetch" with these for hours on end!! He also likes his alone time with these toys - - will throw them up in the air and squeak on them too!! And just like a little kid with a blankie - - - we never go anywhere without at least one or two of them to play with!!!

Archived