CairnTalk

Bubble Gum Thief

kandya

I don't know if I should be worried or not. Grandkids left a package of bubble gum on the end table (Abby Rose thinks everything on the end tables belongs to her including tissues, eye glasses, pens, pencils, etc... I have the only house on the block that has zero on her tables...) and she ate an entire package. Anyone know if this will cause problems digestive or otherwise?

abbyrose17lk.gifAbby Rose

I don't know either, but when I don't know I call my vet or, if its after hours, the doggie emergency clinic and ask. Often as not my question is no big deal but it is good to know!

I have a boy that eats everything and...barfs. Gives me gray hair!

Fergus ate a 5 year old little girl visitor's pig tail tie tonight - you know the type, pink elastic, with a chiffon ribbon topped off with a diamante heart. Yep you guessed it - I'm praying to the great Project Director in the Sky that he barfs it up tonight! (it's becoming downright embarrassing taking him to vet so they can induce vomitting - they laugh and ask what's going to come out next - a wabbit?)

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

You know, back on New Years day when we had our scare at the vet w/Cooper, she was listing all sorts of things that dogs might eat to make them deathly ill. One of them was towels. I told her that he didn't eat towels. Well, I thought all these months it has been Yoda who gets the towels down off the rack....until this morning when I picked up yet another one and Yoda came running up happy as can be, and you guessed it....Cooper skulking lower than low so I could not even see him behind Yoda! Thank goodness he hasn't eaten one and only likes to pull the strings, but egad! Could you imagine? Good news is it was only a hand towel.....

pat, who is now enclosing all hand towels behind glass to be broken out for emergencies only!

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Hey Kandya, the xylitol in bubble gum (sweetener) is toxic to dogs.....you should probably call the poison center to check

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center -1-888-426-4435

How is she today?

How is Fergus, too?

I about passed out one day when Connor (his motto: "For me to eat") was straining to poop, and out came beach towel! A whole lotta beach towel!

Gotta watch these fiends!

Still no sign of the pigtail tie - from either end - and it's been 24 hours now.

Mind you, some of his poop was a funny colour as we were off to the beach this morning, however, I didn't like to inspect it too closely as we were with "company" (non-doggy people), so I just put it in a bag and disposed of it.

Let's hope that was the foreign object.

Oh and my 5 year old little friend has requested the pigtail tie back if it should happen to come out via Fergus' poop! :sick:

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

Update:

Abby Rose is doing fine and was up and running, biting, chewing, digging, hiding, and all the other wonderful things cairn :devil: puppies are famous for. So thanks for all the replies!

abbyrose17lk.gifAbby Rose

I'm glad both puppies are doing ok....isn't it amazing what they eat??? I about freaked out last year when I pulled a mouse scull out of Finch's mouth!

It should pass. She might have an interesting experience or two outside for a day. But she should be fine.

Sophie has snarfed down an entire chew bone twice....the first she barfed, the next she passed right through. Think she would know better after the first time.

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Ha :lol: Ha :lol: Ha :lol:

I have a boy that eats everything and...barfs. Gives me gray hair!
I feel your pain :P

Today Tippy (who else, Tuff is a good dog) climbed up on my bathroom counter (again :mad: ) and got the toothpaste and chewed up the end of that again, she got the box I keep my black pearl earrings in and chewed that. Thank goodness she didn't eat the earrings because I would defiantly have to fish those out of the poop :sick: cause they a gift from DH, and a bit pricey but the scariest thing she does is get the Bic razors and chew the tops off of them, I am surprised she doesn

Tuff & Tippy

Archived