CairnTalk

going on vacation

Teri9672

Hubby and I leave in the morning for Detroit.

I hate leaving the girls when we go away. Our neighbor keeps an eye on them for me when we travel. They get to stay at home and she comes over 3 times per day for potty time, food and lots of play time. Teona always does fine, but Tabitha tends to get depressed :(

I will sure miss them, but boy is it nice to sleep in and not take dogs potty at 5am.

I'll be back on Wednesday :thumbsup:

We are going on vacation next month (Cancun), and I'm dreading leaving Tink at the kennel. I do not have anyone else to leave her with though. She HATES to go to the kennel. She has never stayed there, but that is also where I take her to have her nails cut etc., and she shakes terribly when we just pull into the driveway. My dh probably won't be able to take her and drop her off - I'll have to do the dirty deed. He is way too soft hearted. It hurts me, but it would kill him! On the other hand, our friends who are going with us have a dog who loves to go to their kennel - has a great time. They say he doesn't want to come home when they return. I would try that place but it is in a different city and state from us and not very convenient. It would be worth it if it were a little closer.

LindaB

Marmielin

I also hate leaving Brody and Mia in kennels. We haven't used on, but those doggie daycare/boarding facilities are becoming more and more popular. They let the dogs run around with other dogs during the day and put them in kennels at night. You can even watch on a webcam. The one that is opening by me is not that much more expensive than a regular kennel. When we went on vacation for two weeks we left Brody and Mia with a woman who dogsits in her home, they had a great time. Otherwise, we've left them in two different kennels, one is much better than the other, but they don't really either one.

Believe me, I know where you are coming from! Having just gotten from our trip to Hawaii, I can assure you, that they will be more than happy to see you upon your return! I could not face the fact of leaving them in a kennel for three weeks. It wasn't so much the cost that bothered me (well it did at $625!!!), but just the fact that even though there were together, it wasn't home. I did some smooth talking and our oldest daughter watched them down at her house in Oregon, so they were with people and dogs they knew, which I liked much better. Even better, it was half price!!!!

They will be fine and happy to see you when you get back!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

When we went out of town, we had a house sitter watch the house and the dogs. It was great! We usually have the kids watch the dogs, or we take them with us, but this time we all went together!

this topic breaks my heart! I have driven 6 hours, one way, to bring Grilly

to my realitives. Now, we can't do that....it would be 8 hours. :crybaby:

We haven't gone away since. My housecleaner watches dogs..so we might

try that. God...I hate the thought of leaving them.

Ellie

MP,

We moved to Princeton, NJ in April...but we miss the city

so much that we are going back to Manhattan very soon!

Where are you?

Ellie

this is one reason we got a motor home so we can take them with us. I miss the resorts at Disney, but i'd miss and worry about them more. They travel so well that it works out good.

opps, sorry there was a glitch in the system, guess i didnt follow directions.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

We are right at the Queens/Long Island border, near Bayside - not sure if you know where that is. We are looking for recommendations for a new vet (I am suspicious the one we use isnt thorough enough, and he never heard of Canidae!!!) - so if anyone has a recommendation, or if their vet has a recommendation, for a good thorough and caring vet in Queens/Long Island, please please please let me know. We are desperate, since his annual is due in a couple of weeks. :(:(

Archived