CairnTalk

Looking for Puppies

espo1313

I am looking for a Cairn Puupy for my family, can anyone help me... I am located in Rockland County NY. I have tried contacting several breeders from breeder referal, but not many responses....

You may have to go outside of your area.....we're searching as well and waiting....we're trying the new hampshire area- 4 hours away!

Can anyone give a fair price for what a Cairn should cost?

Just a reminder - all placement-related referrals must take place off-line. Posting in 'in search of' is limited to registered users in order to make that off-line contact possible and easy, using the PM system or email.

I know this is frustrating - it's one of those areas where the mechanism to protect the forum from the worst abuses (spamming and 'testimonials' by mills, referrals to commercial breeders, etc.) also prevents referrals to responsible breeders and reputable rescue organizations. So to keep it simple and easier to adminster: referrals to placements of animals (whether acquiring or surrendering) are simply out-of-scope for Cairn Talk.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Don't give up! We are in California but found puppies in Oklahoma thru the breeder referral on this club website. It was soo worth it to buy good pups with health guarantees from reputable breeders who know their genetics and test their dogs in the show ring. Our "pet" quality Cairns are good looking dogs, have great temperments, and are healthy.

We had ourselves a fun weekend trip to visit the breeders and carried them home in the airplane cabin using Sherpa carriers.

Good luck!

Please don't give up. Most breeders are really busy. I got my first in Georgia about 2 hours from where I live and the last little girl I got came from CA.

Good Luck

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

If you're only doing email, you might try the phone. Some do better with email than others. If you're calling long distance and don't get an answer, leave a message but also plan to call back on your own dime, perhaps a few times.

I've also found, and observed, that actually meeting people - even when they don't have a puppy now - can sometimes lead to a beneficial networking effect. Attending a few shows and 'meet the breed' type events, visiting breeders to see examples of adults, that sort of thing.

Terriers are somewhat stubborn and have a 'busy' sort of patience. It's a trait that can come in handy in your search.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived