CairnTalk

Thirfty Ideas

Tracy A.

Hi All:

Because of the Dog Food thread, I thought it might be interesting to share some of our money saving Pet tips.

Flea Markets- I am lucky that we live in an area with 4 indoor flea markets. Several of them have Pet supplies vendors- I am able to purchase sealed packaged Edible Nylabones, Press Rawhides for a dollar a package-

I bought a dog house at Petsmart for 49.99. then bought a 2nd at the fleamarket- same brand, brand new for 15.00 :mad: Yeah, after that I try to goto the fleamarket first before paying full price. This past Saturday at the fleamarket I bought 4-3packs of Edible Nylabones, 4-5packs of pressed Rawhides, Styptic powder for 10.00.

This vendor also has crates, ex-pens for 1/2 or less off retail. Oh here is a kicker, you know those cute doggy jackets that sell for 24.00? they had them for 6.00.

Let's hear your money saving tips!

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Sounds like you have gotten some great deals! I would be very leery of buying doggie treats from a flea market. I've heard that some of them can contain chemicals that animals should not digest.....I don't know if this is true, but I'm more careful about buying them for discount places.

Sometimes I have found some good deals at Tuesday Morning. They have some dog toys and I bought their yellow stripe dog bed from there. They were a pretty good deal!

I would be very leery of buying doggie treats from a flea market. I've heard that some of them can contain chemicals that animals should not digest.....I don't know if this is true, but I'm more careful about buying them for discount places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I think you are right. I only the name brand sealed packages at the fleamarket.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I have two money saving tips....had I done the first one prior to today, it would have saved us the expense of the emergency vet yesterday.

We bought a kitchen waste can that is dog proof....yes, dog proof! It is made of stainless steel, and has a lid that opens like butterfly wings when you step on the pedal. It may have been spendy, but at least we got it for 20% off....and it was much much less than the vet was last night!

My second tip is that squeeky toys that we buy and they love. I get them at WalMart and they are 97cents apiece....they are a soft, heavy squishy rubber that lasts for months. The squeekers even seem to last a couple weeks, but they still play daily with the animals whether they squeek or not.

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

The frisbee's I bought for Finch are from Walmart. They have held up like steel and it's been 6 months of daily abuse! LOL!

Archived