CairnTalk

Fergus

wellygoggles

This is my 1st attempt at posting photos from a digital camera so I'll apologise in advance if they are too large.

This is Fergus's 1st Christmas and he will be 1 year old in 6 days time. Unfortunately he is quite itchy at present. There's no sign of fleas (even though it's summer here) so my vet suspects an allergy, therefore, he is trying out a new food for 6 weeks and not allowed any other food. HOWEVER, try telling this to my dh :mad:

I'm still trying to locate the bitter apple to use as a bark deterent as recommended by a previous poster, but we don't seem to have it in the pet shops in New Zealand.

Anyway I'll take the camera to the beach this morning to see if I can get some shots of Fergus swimming.

post-936-1135969247_thumb.jpg

post-936-1135969268_thumb.jpg

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

What a precious baby Fergus is! His expression in the first picture reminds me of Savannah!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Very nice photos. Fergus' colouring in the first one looks very close to the colour of our Fergus. I'm looking forward to seeing the beach shots.

Sure wish we lived on your side of the world. I'd love to be at the beach this week end!

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Fergus is a real handsome fella!

Absolutely follow your vet's advice, but if Fergus only started to itch in the past few months I'd suspect an allergy to plants or pollen in the garden rather than food.

Dry skin can also give the itches. I give mine a 500 mg. capsule of evening primrose oil every day. I used to only during heating season, but now they have it year round and it seems to help.

Stacey

Welly,

I'm quite sure you can order Bitter Apple from the internet. Although i can't imagine catching my fiends and "applying" it, I wish you luck.

Archived