CairnTalk

They remembered me!

bubba

We got home from our Hawaii trip late last night and drove down today to get the dogs and grandson from our daughter. My husband called ahead to make sure they were crated so Cooper wouldn't piddle all over the place. They heard us as soon as we walked in and went crazy. I let Cooper out first, since he is the oldest, and the rat walked right past me and to my husband! He would not even look at me and wanted nothing to do with me petting him! I was afraid he would react like that since it was me who left them there in the first place. I then let Yoda out, and bless his soul, he would not leave me alone. Well, once Mr. Cooper saw this, he had to be closer to me than Yoda did and it was like we had never left them!

We are now all back home where we belong....although, we would prefer to be in the warmth of Hawaii forever! I am happy to report they remembered the ringing of the bells to go out and they have settled right back into things. As I sit here and type, Cooper is lying right outside the door to the room I am in as if he is guarding it, and Yoda is right there next to him.

What a great treat dogs are to the human heart....they sure do make me feel loved!!!!

:party: Happy New Year to all!! :party:

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

I am so glad that you had such a happy reunion with your furbabies. I am sure that they were so happy to have you home!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Welcome home Pat!

You're right on the money when you say dogs are a treat to the human heart.

When I get home from work, Fergus greets me like I've been away for days. I look forward to it every afternoon :D

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

Pat, I'm glad that you guys got home safely! I know how happy I am when Scully greets us every day after work I can only imagine how happy YOU were to see your babies. Welcome home!

Guest girliejr

Yes, these little ones let us know we are loved! It doesn't matter if I am gone for 30 minutes or all day, Jack greets me like he hasn't seen me in months! It's good to be missed! :)

Aren't reunions great? All that jumping and barking and kisses....makes me want to go somewhere. :lol:

Glad you had a good vacation although I've never heard of anyone going to Hawaii who didn't.

Sounds like you had a great time and that Cooper and Yoda were glad to see you!

Finch spent the day at the vets yesterday and when she came home you would have thought she had been gone for weeks!

Welcome back! Glad you had a great vacation! Aren't those reunions the best?

I hate the time away from my two Cairns but how I love being smothered with kisses when we get back home! Hope you brought back some of that Hawaiian sunshine and please send some to the East Coast! Happy New Year!

Wow!! Thanks for all the welcome backs! If I could, I would move there tomorrow. We almost moved over there about six years ago. At the time, you could buy a one bedroom condo on the beach for about $100,000. The one we stayed in this trip, was three short blocks from the beach w/a wonderful view of the ocean and a huge lanai, measured either 633 sq ft or 833 sq ft and to buy cost $400,000!!!! We could not believe how much housing prices had gone up. And naturally, to do my job in Hawaii, they pay half the salary and you need to work 12 hr shifts everyday you work! That is not for me! The day my work retires me w/a disability is the day before I head there for good!

I wish I would have brought that warmth home with me! It was 85 most days we were there, and today it is 45!!!! BRRRRR!!!!!!

Thanks again to all,

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Welcome home!! Sounds like your two babies really missed you!!

We hope to make a trip to Hawaii sometime in the near future. We have relatives currently living there and they have invited us many times.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Archived