CairnTalk

Question about a dog product...

mn0270100

Without naming any specific brands (not wanting to violate any rules here) I was wondering about the "dog waste septic systems" that are out there and avaiable.

I live in Minnesota, so it would only be used between April/May and October/November.

Anyone have any positive or negative experiences / opinions on these types of products?

Thanks in advance.

David

I assume you are talking about the dog "waste systems" that are in the ground and are supposed to act like little septic tanks. If that's the case, I have never heard a single good word about them. The words I have heard about them are too disgusting to think about so soon after my breakfast.

My dogs' solid waste gets put inside a plastic bag and then inside the bag with my regular garbage. If you cannot do that, the next best thing to do is to flush it down the toilet.

Stacey

We have one and we love it! It's in the ground and you step on the little door and drop your "goodies" inside. You have to keep adding water and once a week it must be warm water mixed with the enzyme. We haven't had any problems with ours. I wouldn't want to stick my head in there!!! If you keep it wet, it's works great and lessens the smell when you open the door. Right now ours is under a couple inches of snow and I miss being able to use it. I do keep adding doo-doo to it during the winter and then in Spring I add quite a bit of enzyme and water to break it all down. We are going on 4 years with ours. PM me if you want more info or brand details.

Archived