CairnTalk

Sparkling Poop

Tracy A.

Since we end up with so many poop threads, I thought i'd add!

I have a small home Jewelry business. This is always my busy time, and i've been spending a lot of time in my workshop this last week. I'm very careful about vaccuming the workshop, because Mett & Bratt like to check in and see what i'm up to. They are experts in finding something small that i've dropped.

So I vaccume, sometiems twice daily. With that said, over the last year i've dropped at least 2 sorting trays of gem stones :shock: And come up a few short!

Well despite my vaccuming, looks like Mett & Bratt found the gemstone contraband :devil: Because yesterday, when the light caught some fresh poop (it was a top our fresh snow fall), it sparkled! :devil: Yes they were pooing Amethyst, Peridot, and Iolite! :mad:

I would have posted a picture, :sick: but who really wants to see more poo! I think we all have enough in our yards. They poo'd a total of 5 8x6mm oval stones, which equals the total number lost in the last year- So I know everything passed!

I have no clue where they found these! Cause I looked everywhere!

So the 'sparkly poop' is currently in a plastic bag outside- If I do fish out the gem stones, is it wrong to set in my Jewelry? LOL I don't think anyone (other than the people on this list) wants something that's gone in&out of Mett & Bratt! :twisted:

:lol: I hope this gave everyone a good laugh this morning!

Tracy Mett&Bratt

Edited by Mysticsol8

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Tracy,

Not only would I set the stones, I'd charge double the price. They have been polished by some very special little guys!

Look what they charge for the Indonesian coffee that passes through the Luwak :lol:

We'll have to try to come up with a special name for that particular line.

That was a great story. Thank you for sharing

That was a great story and yes, do use those jewels. You could call them something like... Freshly eliminated stones" or "Stones passed to you with love".

And I would also have posted a picture. Everyone on this forum knows Cairns do the best poop! :lol:

I forgot to add, that when I called the Vet yesterday- Not only did the office gals break-up, but the Vet was laughing when he got on the line. I guess this was a first-

Tracy :huh:

Maybe make yourself some really special earrings or pendant ... when someone compliments you on them, you can mention Mett & Bratt polished the stones for this project!

So they ate these stones months ago and they are just now being passed?ย  :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they ate them on Thrusday, poo them out on Friday. They were intersted in something under the sink in my workshop, but when I investigated- nothing was there- This was thursday morning.

how funny :D

last weekend I found the missing ear plugs....in Teona's poop.

Hubby and I sleep with ear plugs (orange kind with blue string in the middle) Hubby must have pulled his out Friday night and couldn't find them. The entire thing passed thankfully on Sunday morning. I really think Teona is half goat. The same weekend she ate the antenna off the cordless phone. :devil:

Cute story! I would have to make something out of the poop stones. I think the little guys were trying to make their Mommy a Christmas present!!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Cute story!!! Yes, I would use the stones again...depends on how much they are worth to ya! Finch ate a memory card to my new camera last year. I debated about waiting for it to "pass" but it was only a 64 and only held about 10 pics......lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Well now that I have a break (before Valentines Day rush begins), I was able to finish my 'Poop Pendant'. I didn't feel right about re-using the stones.

And low and behold, when I cleaned everything- I found a citrine, and a Blue Topaz. So here is my Poop Pendant. The secret is just between you and me. :lol:

3stonePend.jpg

:lol: Tracy

My Booker is starting on buttons. Lately, I've found several shirts buttonless. I'm going to be more careful.............jan

jan

He who laughs last thinks slow.

You know, yesterday while cleaning up the yard, I found a button in a pile :shock:

along with some small pebbles.....

Yikes what gets into these little guys!

Tracy

Guest Darcy's Mom

Lovely pendant. Your little ones have good taste in jewels.

Darcy has never been bad to ingest strange things, but Molly (mixed JR/Scottie) on the other hand will eat anything. I find tree limbs that she has managed to drag upon the deck, rocks the size of fifty cent pieces, she chews on pine cones, digs up flower bulbs and tastes them, I could go on and on. We have a vine that has taken over a dogwood tree and it makes these seed pods and they drop on the ground and Molly eats those. Her stomach must be cast iron cuz she's never acted like her tummy is hurting and she hasn't thrown anything up that I know of.

:D That's funny, Im glad the stones came through alright, :thumbsup:

It amazes me the things that can pass throught a Cairns digestive system. When I first got Tippy she ate a (fresh) femine hygene product which puffed up inside her and came out the other end with a little help.

I think you should sell your poop pendant on Ebay! :whistle: Thanks for the laugh!

Tuff & Tippy

• 12 years later...

Although the original post wasย over a decade ago, here is aย tip that still might come in handy for retrieving small, dropped items (like beads, gems, contact lenses, etc., before the little imps scarf them up)!...

Grab a flashlight and get down on all fours, with the side of your face/cheek as close to the floor as possible while sending the flashlight beam across the floor in all directions. The beam of light will pick up the reflection, revealing the object.ย I recovered a dropped contact lens (more than once) this way, and a well-heeled friend actually retrieved a small diamond that was dislodged from her earring when it hit the bathroom floor.๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 3

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 9:45 AM, sanford said:

Although the original post wasย over a decade ago, here is aย tip that still might come in handy for retrieving small, dropped items (like beads, gems, contact lenses, etc., before the little imps scarf them up)!...

Grab a flashlight and get down on all fours, with the side of your face/cheek as close to the floor as possible while sending the flashlight beam across the floor in all directions. The beam of light will pick up the reflection, revealing the object.ย I recovered a dropped contact lens (more than once) this way, and a well-heeled friend actually retrieved a small diamond that was dislodged from her earring when it hit the bathroom floor.๐Ÿ˜€

Awesome advice. Instructions unclear however, my mom bought those expensive Roomba things... Lol

Gosh, I swear though. When Fonzyy first saw that thing he wanted to sick it so bad, but then realized it'll run him over ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Now he hops on the couch in dismay, he's sick of it just as much as I am!

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!