CairnTalk

Inside the kennel

George 'n' Gracie

Hello all!

Those of you who use kennels...do you have something in the kennel for your pup to lay on or do you just let them use the kennel floor? If you use something for them to lay on, what do you use? The blankets we used when they were tiny and only using half of their kennels are pretty torn up! I'm afraid to spend too much money on something they will destroy.

Help! :?

We use old terrycloth towels that we can change and wash, also you can buy imitation sheepskin covers for the bottom of the crate in different sizes. Nicky loves to get under his; like a "cover" and sleeps away.

Posey :)

We use the same thing, but it is an old bath towell so it covers a large portion of the bottom of the crate. We usually wash it every other week since these pups get into some strange stuff outside.

Piper has a nice fluffy towel in hers. I have three that I rotate when one gets dirty. I also have a nice orthopedic cushion with sheepskin cover that we had in the kennel for Lucy, our previous cairn. We haven't used it with Piper because I figured she would just tear it up.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

I have quite a selection for Max. I have bought 2 fleece blankets that I put in there when it is chilly and have some old flannel sheets from our bed. I have a selection of towels also but he seems to cuddle up in the fuzzy fleece better then anything. Then I also have a dog bed for him in which I also have a blanket. You know, if you got them you might as well spoil them. :wink:

Maxwell

Archived