CairnTalk

Thanks to all of you!

sanford

I was really taken aback, totally unprepared for the number of positive responses I got when I posted a photo of my little Cairn.

I was just experimenting, to see if I was able to post the pic, but you wonderful people didn't hesitate to sit down & write, praising my dog. As if I needed further proof of the goodness & sincerity of the folks on this site!

I'd like to express my thanks to each & every one of you by sending one more photo:

Thank you, mrskti, rottndobie,CathyAnne, toomanypaws, Catfish1, Shoe, Scully's Mom, Lesley, hallswel, kayharley, savannahsmom35, grillywarren, Anna 525

post-896-1133903886_thumb.jpg

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Sanford, there's nothing to thank us for!!! That picture is just amazing. He/she (I'm sorry I don't remember which :( ) looks like something out of a magazine. They are absolutely adorable.

I thought the very same thing when I looked at your "thumbnail". The green velvet, that professional pose, head tilted ever so slightly...you could make $$$$ with that shot. A perfect Cairn in every sense of the word.

Sanford...the photos get better and better. Did you take them or are they professional? Maybe you'd better open that suitcase and start posting more.

Fergus :P & Alf

perky100.jpg

He/she is SOOO cute! Those are gret pics. Did you take them or were they professionally done?

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Didn't mean to mislead anyone. The photos are professional. I had them done for several reasons:

* My own photo attempts were hopeless. I love this little guy & wanted to have photos worthy of him.

* The local Petco offered a special deal with their in-store photographer.

* I recently had my Cairn stripped professionally. The groomer did a good job & I wanted to capture his "look" as a reference, when I'll attempt to strip him myself in the future.

...I also picked up a few simple pointers from the photographer. They are probably obvious, but I needed to learn:

* Have the dog on a table instead of trying to hunker down to his level on the floor.

* Get ready to press the shutter even if he's not looking at the camera. Then give a short squeeze to the squeeze toy you are holding in your other hand and click the shutter as soon as he reacts.

* It helps a lot to have another person gently keep the dog in place by stroking his back while you set up/frame the shot. The person quickly steps back out of range when you are about to shoot.

Thanks again for your kind words!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

P.S. My Cairn's name is Carrington. When I adopted him, Cairn Rescue said he loves to be carried. He does! ... He's only 15lbs. Hence, the name, Carrington. Works for me!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

They are great pictures! I wondered where you had them done because I am interested in getting some professionally done of Savannah. Unfortunatley, no PetCo here. :(

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived