CairnTalk

I'm a bad mommy

kayharley

Today I noticed Madison having a grand old time chewing on a velour stuffed bird. It was still in one piece so I figured it was something that was buried in their toy box and Maddy just happened to find it.

Then I see an eye on the floor. I picked it up and checked the toy to make sure the other eye was intact. I should have put 2 +2 together when I saw the eye was plastic and not fabric but instead I gave the "toy" back to her. Then all of a sudden I notice about 500 little beads all over the den floor. I follow the trail of them down the hallway and into the dining room. There lies the bird flat as a pancake!

It was one of MY beanie babies that must have fallen off the shelf and of course leaving it was not an option for a Cairn! I wondered if she knew it was mine and what she thought when I gave it back to her....talk about confusing your dog! :confused:

Guest Darcy's Mom

Kay,

This is one time you can't blame Helliot, it looks like Madison is following in her brothers footsteps. Wait a minute... isn't she the laid back one? The one that never gives you any trouble? Or am I thinking of the other one? Gosh, you have so many I can't keep up with their names except Elliott, of course. I sure hope she didn't swallow any of those beans. But that doesn't make you a bad mommy. Trying to keep up with three pups is a full time job and I think you handle it really well. Your temper level must be really nil to none.

You are FAR from a bad mommy Kay! I don't know how you do it having three Cairns. Accidents happen - and besides, for once it was Elliott!!!

Bad Mommy? You? Never!

Anyone else would have shipped Helliott off to Doggy Reform School.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Finch got into one of those little balls that kids hit and bounce around using their heels......I can't remember what they are called....hackey sacks???? Anywho......we picked up, and vacuumed. tiny, tiny beads for weeks!!! lol! Heck....they LOOK like their toys, how are they supposed to know??

A beanie baby looks alot like those Dr. Noy toys....and a duck is a duck, right??? LOL!

They sent him back! 

LOL LOL LOL Too funny!

Don't feel bad. I am sure Madison enjoyed her new toy while it lasted!

I felt horrible last night. I was putting out some Christmas stuff and trying to wrap some gifts when I noticed Savannah pick something up from over near my Christmas stuff and start running around with it. I ran over to her prying it out of her mouth yelling for her to drop it. I just KNEW it was something that was going to break and cut her or that she was going to swallow it. I finally got it out of her mouth and it was one of her compressed rawhide bones that she had apperently hidden somewhere and found. I felt SOOO bad. She looked at me like, "Hey, you gave that to me!" I gave it back to her and she continued to chew on it but anytime I came near her the rest of the night with that bone, she would run to the other side of the room!! I swear I am going to have grey hair by the time the holidays are over!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived