CairnTalk

Indoor Winter Excercise

LizzieP

While playing with our youngest cat, Lucy, today we found out that Finnegan, 5 ms. old, loves the laser pointer, too!! What a great way for him to get his excercise on these cold and snowy days. It has been a blast to watch him run back and forth, bark and practically fly up the walls at the little red dot. Finnegan has worn himself out while I get to sit on the couch in the nice warm house instead of braving the snow and ice. It could be the best $10 bucks you spend this winter!

I don't know if all Carins would go for the "Little Red Dot" chase, but it may be worth the small investment to find out. What a Hoot!!

Finnegan's Mum

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. - Mark Twain

Please send Lucy or Finnegan to my house, to teach my pup to chase the laser light. He couldn't care less! I thought it would be the perfect way for me to be a couch potato while exercising my dog, but it didn't work. He's an old fashioned guy & only relates to low tech exercising: fetch, catch, etc. No rest for the weary (me).

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Loagn is all over that toy as well. He knows where it is kept and when I go in that drawer he starts panting, running and looking at the floor. Doesn't help mamma with her backside but it sure does wear out a loud, restless Cairn :lol:

Milopup,

I'm trying to remember where we got ours. We have had it forever. I think any store will carry them. Just ask for a laser pointer thingymabob. They are very small. Mine is meant for a keychain (although I'll never understand that logic). Try a Radio Shack or something like that. The little red dot will amuse him forever. When you are done, he'll conk out and sleep.....ahhh sleep. I remember it well. :thumbsup:

Banjo also loves the little laser light. He knows right where I keep it & when he sees me going that direction his tail goes 90 miles an hour & he starts whining. He plays until his tongue is hanging way out and would go longer if I'd keep it up.

Finnegan, slept and slept last nite. Ahhhhh. Gotta love that little red dot! Unfortunately, it's my husband's (he uses it for meetings) and he flew to Denver this morning. I wonder if a flashlight will work....hmmmm...

Finny's Mum

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. - Mark Twain

My two love the laser pointers too! I think you can buy them through office supply places. I think you have to be careful pointing the laser into their eyes (but maybe this is a myth?)

My cat, Bach, also loves it!

Oh, good.....I didn't make this up......I thought I had heard this! I keep the light pointed to the ground anyway, which is where they like to chase it. :P

Archived