CairnTalk

Emu oil

kayharley

This was so funny....

I bought a small jar of ointment to use on my sore, tired feet at night...the first ingredient was imu oil.

Last night Madison and Elliott were getting ready for a good nights sleep in my bed (special treat because of the holiday and all :whistle: ) Anyway, there they are all snuggled up when I sit on the edge of my bed and begin to rub some of the new ointment on my feet. You'd think I came to bed with a roast beef the way those two jumped up and became animals! They were on my feet in seconds sniffing and licking and being total pests. Then Elliott begins nudging my hand trying to get at the ointment on my fingers!

I get up and walk two steps to put the jar on the dresser when they both jump down and start attacking the floor where I had stepped! Then they begin to roll on the carpet in my footsteps trying to get the ointment on their fur. It was hysterical.

I ended up having to put them in their own beds because I knew I'd never get any sleep with my little emu fiends on me all night.

These guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

LOL LOL Some of the things that these dogs go nuts for amazes me! I would have never thought that Emu oil would have such a big reation!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

how funny....LOL

Teona did this once with some pepermint foot cream I had. Same reaction. I have enough problems keeping her away from my feet at night when I get into bed, I couldn't imaging being attacked by 3 :devil:

That's funny!

While reading your email, I noticed the small ads underneath the screen are for 100% emu oil...is that a coincidence? I wonder if someone else noticed it?

Oh, Kay!! That is hilarious!! :D:D:D !!

Just the laugh I needed to start Thanksgiving!!

Cathy

P.S. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Cathy and Piper

Hi Anna 525,

To answer your question re the emu oil ads... I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that the internet is set up in such a way that certain merchandisers can automatically plug their ads into any site that mentions something related to their product.

Sometimes this can have hilarious unintended consequences, like the time on this forum when members were writing in, warning about the dangers of Greenies & their horrible consequences, saying that they should be banned from pet stores, etc.

Sure enough, at the bottom of that page on this site were several Greenie ads, extolling their virtues!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I think you're right, Sanford!

If I put on emu oil on my feet, I think Alfie will go crazy! Any type of animal smell gets a reaction out of him. My sister-in-law got us a lampshade made of some type of leather. When I put it down on the floor, Alfie started growling at it first, then jumping around it thinking it's alive.

Sanford's got it about the ads! They are "Google Ad-Sense" ads and are an experiment I'm running until this summer. I have no clue what ads will show up but they are all based on whatever words are on the page being displayed - or just public service ads if they don't have anything that seems to match.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

The tech world continues to amaze me. I was already amazed at the principle behind pointing and clicking with the mouse, now ads that have some sort of sense! Now I would be totally amazed if it picked up the "no" with the "greenies...."

sorry, my comment got us off topic.....

Archived