CairnTalk

Our new boy

PeppersMom

We are in week three of life with our new 1 year old Cairn Brodie. He is getting along nice with our 2 year old boy Pepper. This beautiful boy was kept in a travel crate inside a garage...luckily the breeder found out and took him back. Considering what he has been through, he is doing really well. No accidents in the house so far! He is starved for attention and is a really sweet boy. I have talked to another friend who is rehabilitating a rescue Cairn and they seem to regress back to puppy chewing...its like they do it because they never had a chance to...Brodie is a pretty red brindle with a very hard coat. Pepper is a grey brindle with a softer open coat..quite a difference to strip!

My Brody says hi to your Brodie. Everything I've read about these dogs says they are very resilient, so I feel confident everything will work out for you. We've had Brody since June 2004 and we got Mia in April 05 (I think). Mia was in another home for 2 months prior to coming to live with us (no abuse, the owner was just overwhelmed). It took her a while to warm up to us, but she is now a love bird.

Welcome Brodie! I know you are so glad to have found a loving home! Post a pic soon!!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

What a lucky dog Brodie is to now have a loving home. I get so upset when I read about dogs being mistreated, neglected or just plain unloved. Most have so much to give if only people would give them a chance and have patience.

Brodie IS a very lucky boy!!! I remember you talking about his situation and how he was kept in the garage. Give that big boy a hug from all of us and please post a picture as soon as you are able!!

Archived