CairnTalk

K-Mart commercial

Guest Rachel

Has anyone else seen the new kmart Christmas commercial? It has a wheat colored cairn in a green holiday sweater. Agatha was staring at it, she thought she was on tv for a second. :D

Rachel

I saw the commercial last night. It's for pre-lighted trees. A man is struggling with tangled strings of lights, as a very well behaved Cairn looks on- Just observing the chaos.......... I said to my husband, 'only on TV does a Cairn look on at the chaos, rather than being involved in the chaos! :lol:

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

We have Tivo and rarely watch commercials anymore.

Hopefully, I will catch it sometime as I would never wanna miss seeing a Cairn :halo: !!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I saw the commercial last night too. I guess the X-mas campaign for K-mart is on. I couldn't even believe my eyes when I saw that cute cairn with the sweater. I was just questioning myself how on earth that little cairn was so well behaved instead of trying to eat the string of lights the man was fighting with.

I saw the commercial. I think there is a Cairn in the picture in the background too. We have Tivo so we can rewind and pause live TV (ask for it for Christmas). There are also several pictures of a Cairn (maybe different Cairns) in the current Plow and Hearth catalog.

Yep, I saw it just last night........you are right, TIVO's are about the best thing ever invented - I have had mine for almost five years and love it!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

We saw it too last night, for Martha Stewart's Living collection for KMart. My DH commented that the cairn looked so well-behaved! He was sitting and just watching the man trying to figure out how to untangle the Christmas tree lights. That commercial probably went through several takes, imagine the cairn just sitting through the entire thing! I love the sweater s/he had on.

I just saw the commercial last night and thought like all of you...how could that cairn just sit so quietly through it all????? This will be Kai-lee's first Christmas and I can't imagine what it will be like decorating the tree, or having her not mess with it for a few weeks. I don't think I'll have to worry about the kids or grandkids trying to peek into their presents, Kai-lee will probably do it for them!!!

Maggie

Everytime the it comes on my hubby says look.....I think the Cairn is thinking what a crazy person! I could do a better job.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Cairn and Christmas lights go together? I think not! LOL! We have Tivo (wouldn't live without it!) and had to rewind just to see the Cairn. Cute commercial, but I wonder what they were showing him/her off stage to get that type of concentration??

I also saw the commercial and in total wonder of the "star" Cairn. No doubt one of those fancy cross breds - yes, it's a passive something inside a Cairn body. Or maybe a Cairn who has been in "acting" theater school from 12 weeks of age. ;)

I finally saw it over the weekend and I agree that the Cairn was thinking, "Man this guy is a moron." I bet it took a lot of takes and good editing to keep the cairn still for the whole commercial. No way did he/she stay still that long. Savannah would have been attacking the lights!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

unfortunately we wont see that commercial here in canada, but i've been seeing a commercial for miele vacuum cleaners that has a cairn in it... the guy is vacuuming and this young (6-8wk?) black cairn is playing on the carpet, he turns away while vacuuming and his girlfriend picks up the dog and walks off, he turn around and the dog is gone, she walks back in with the dog in her arms and he's on his hands and knees tapping the vacuum cleaner to hear if the dog is inside...

anyone else see this one? i think its a european commercial, no talking in it...

a

Archived