CairnTalk

Allie recalled

Kathryn

This morning Steve took Allie on her walk. As he opened the front door, a rabbit bolted in the yard. Allie pulled the leash out of his hand and gave chase. He called her back in a firm voice. At firs she just stopped and turned around, giving him a look. Then she put her head down and came back. Obviously she thought Steve was stopping her fun, but she obeyed. I was so so proud of her!

Steve tries to keep up with the obedience training and does a little every day, on the walk or when he gives her dinner. I'm much less regular, but I do try too. I don't let her ignore me, at least. This is real evidence that it works.

Definitely, Allie is very well trained and you guys should be proud of her and proud of yourselves for your perseverance in keeping up with her obedience training. I only hope Allie received a delicious treat and lots of praise after being such a good girl. :P

Our Tink would have been long gone! She obeys sit and stay unless there is a squirrel, then nothing stops her. She is a maniac when she sees one around our house, and there are many right now. She goes from the back to the front of the looking out the windows, and when outside she practically climbs the trees trying to get to them. It amazes me how she can see, hear and smell them when I don't even know they are around. My dh is so entertained by her.

Lindab

Marmielin

Archived