CairnTalk

Here's Bear!

Marge

Hi! I would like to introduce you to Paragon's Bearchan Caimbeul, otherwise known as Bear. He is now 18 weeks old. These pictures are a few weeks old so he is a little bigger now, but he looks pretty much the same. As you can see, Bear is a brindle. He was quite dark when we brought him home, but his coat is getting lighter. Sometime (maybe?) I'll be able to get him to sit still long enough to start stripping him. I've tried a little, but Bear seems to have a little HADD. :lol: He would rather chase balls and chew on stuff than look beautiful.

post-953-1130253719_thumb.jpgpost-953-1130253650_thumb.jpg

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

Marge,

Welcome to Cairn Talk!! You and Bear are gonna love it here-a great bunch of people, for sure!!

Your little guy is too cute!! Can't wait to see more pics!!!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I love that picture of Bear on the register!!! That is too cute! Cooper likes to lie on those too, or at the lake, right in front of the vornado!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Welcome to you both!! Bear is such a cutie! How I long for the pitter patter of little puppy feet!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Cute, cute, cute!!!! Will be fun to see what color Bear REALLY turns out to be! Darcy loves to lay on the floor registers too.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Hi....adorable pics. Glad to have you aboard. Be sure to tell us all the funny things Bear does. Having a Cairn that doesn't get into mischief is like winning the lottery....a shot in a million! :lol:

Welcome to our "family", both to you and to Bear. He is beautiful! We can't wait to hear all of Bear's adventures - and trust us, there WILL be many.

Again, welcome!

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I wrote a longer intro and more info about Bear and myself on the "Getting to know you" thread. I know I'm going to enjoy being part of this forum. I have already learned so much about the Cairn Terrier breed. This forum helped me make the decision to get a Cairn. Reading all your adventures with your Cairns prepared me for what to expect. Yes, Bear can be a little dickens, but he is definitely has a lot of angel in him. He doesn't have a mean bone in his little body. He just needs to learn good behavior. Love is teaching him what that is. We have started puppy classes and will definitely continue on in our training. I'm planning on going to the Badger Kennel Club Wisconsin Dog Fair (Nov. 6th in Madison, WI) to learn more about training Bear and about Earthdog activities. Bear's breeder encouraged me to think about Earthdog for Bear. I want to see what it involves. It could be fun.

I'll be sure to post some updated pictures as soon as I get my camera back from my DD. I'll also relate Bear's antics as we go along. He did surprise himself by jumping up on the couch the other evening. He was kind of bouncing up and down trying to play with me and ended up next to me. Thing is, he kind of scared himself because he didn't know how to get down. He just looked at me with this little "help me" look. He's was so cute. I just laughed at him.

Well, better get on with my day...Thanks again for the warm greeting.

MAKE it a GREAT day!!! :D

Marge

Marge... LOL on the story of Bear getting up on the couch. I will NEVER forget the first time Darcy jumped up on the couch by herself. She was so stunned that she actually made it that she just sat on the couch for a few brief moments... and I could swear she was trying to ponder how in the world she got up that high. She knew she wanted where we were, but never dreamed it would become reality! LOL! Some dog's expressions are priceless and that was definitely one of them!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Archived