CairnTalk

Average Height and Weight

Paula

Hey, Cairn lovers. My cairn is almost four months old and I got her when she was three. She was really tiny back then, but now she's 10" tall and she weighs 9 pounds. I read that the average height for female Cairns is 10 inches, so I was wondering if she has already reached her full height. Given that she's only four months, I don't think she's done growing, is she?

Thanks a lot!! :P

No there is no way she is done growing yet. Darcy just recently stopped gaining weight and she is 9 1/2 months.

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Hi Paula! My Fiona is almost 5 months and we got her when she was 2.5 months. At first she weighed only 2.7 pounds. By 3.5 months she was 5 pounds and we were just at the vet a week ago and she weighed a little over 7 pounds. She has been having a growth spurt and is eating much more (plus i know she is heavier because of when i pick her up!) So sounds like your little angel is growing just right...and surely will get bigger. i haven't done any measurements yet but seemed around 4 mos my puppy really grew and started looking more like a cairn...

:wub:

Liz (Fiona's Mommy)

Thank you so much, Darcy's Folks and Liz. :thumbsup:

For what you guys are telling me, Holly has grown really quickly... I'm still not sure whether I should expect her to get much taller than she is right now. How tall are your cairns?

Thanks again! :hug:

Savannah is almost 10 months old and she is 14 pounds. I will have to measure her height tonight cause I don't have a clue about that. Savannah grew very rapidly until about 7 or 8 months old. She hasn't grown much since then.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Sugar is 5 months old weighing in at 6.8 lbs but she has such large paws I know she will be big!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Well, I have a Male named Dash. He is 15.4 lbs! He is going to be 6 months on Thursday. He is a little pudgy but looks like he is slimming in the belly area to me. He is gaining like crazy.

His daddy was 18 lbs and his mom was 14/15 lbs.

Taylor

Archived