CairnTalk

piggy back spider!

rileysmum

Ok this is one of my all time worst spider experiences,last night when I took Rebel out to potty he kept on trying to bite his tail (or so I thought),after a while I told him to stop it and pulled his lead trying to hurry him up,he kept on acting strange so I pull him over to the light and saw what I thought was some grass stuck to him,it was still hard to see, I flicked at it but it was stuck to him, I was just about to pick it off when I realised there wasn't anything lying around the yard to stick to him,and oh my God it moved :crybaby:

I had to save my baby, but I was bare footed in a summer dress and had just spent 5hrs cleaning our 1/2 acre block so there wasn't a twig in sight :crybaby:,I feel sick even typing this, I'm not that frighten of spiders, but there is only so much a girl can take! This was a big hairy hunstmen do you have them?you know the type, brown,live in trees,and about as big as your HAND!!!!

All I could do in my shock was yell," Rebel come,come, good boy" trying to stop him biting it while I figured something out, my hubby came out to see what I was yelling at,but by then it had jumped off by itself, I threw him the lead and ran around jumping up and down and rubbing my arms :shy:

Have to love Rebel ,he had no idea how horrible his passanger was.

I have now demanded new lights out back!

Oh that is gross, Off topic, but does anyone know how the google adds show up under our posts. As I'm posting this, the google add is for "Scott's Tarantulas!" Freaky.

I admit I kinda like spiders and let the few little ones that come in stay in our Ficus tree but from what you described.....I would have freaked out too! I see you're in Australia....too bad it wasn't a itsy, bitsy Koala bear, eh? Now they are cute.

It's amazing what we do for the love of our Cairns. I hate snakes and often wonder how I'd react if Elliott came in with one around his neck!! :shock:

Yes, I see that tarantula ad too. Too bad I'm not in the market for another pet.

I have no idea what kind of spider you are referring to, but as soon as you said BIG, you had my skin crawling!!!!!! Yuck!!!

I would have lost my cool, too....for sure!!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Archived