CairnTalk

Rebel at the beach

rileysmum

EndeavourFloatingDockNew032.jpg

Digging holes is the best ,and it was great to have Rebel help my daughter instead of me,we spent the day down there and he loved it.At first he kept barking at the small waves he was very noisy :whistle: but after a while he got use to them.

EndeavourFloatingDockNew061.jpg

Rebels first swim, he kept swimming out to the kids and jumping on their boards seems once again he proves himself to be our perfect dog :wub:

EndeavourFloatingDockNew059.jpg

Watching all the action ,kids,balls, noise and lots of attention puppy heaven.

Great pics! Sounds like everyone had a great time and I bet Rebel slept like a log that night!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Wow, that looks like sooooo much fun!!! Rebel is a handsome dog....how did you keep all the little girls, at the beach, away from him???

Guest posting as: Lesley

I want to go to the beach - how beautiful - thanks for the pics. I'd almost think he was directly related to our Rusty - same coloring -tail etc.

We spend most of our 30min walk to school, walking along that beach,and every day I tell the kids that they don't know how lucky they are,they just take it for granted!In summer we sometimes stop on the way home and swim for a couple of hours on the condition they don't argue about homework :P

So Rebel is in for some good times,one of the reasons I chose a cairn was because of their love of the water, I read a story about a cairn who dived under the water to chase some little creature, and didn't come back,it just kept on swimming , so the owner had to dive under and get it.

We were very careful not to push him, and let him go in at his own pace,although the fact that the kids were in there and a few well thrown sticks helped.

These Cairns are hard not to let go and see what they find - but a big body of water is a worry, yet I'd love to see mine enjoy. Probably have to keep that squeeky toy handy and loud to make sure he would come back to shore.

You should enter that last picture for the calendar. It might be confusing though, because I would call that a Summer picture, but your Summer is our Winter I think. You are so very lucky to live in such a beautiful place, I promise I'll never argue about homework if you will adopt me-I'll let my husband know I'll send him a postcard. :D

Archived