CairnTalk

Hello. WE are new here

DashellKc

Hello. My name is Taylor. I live in Kansas and we just purchased our first AKC Cairn Terrier on July 2nd. His name is Dash. He is just wonderful, and very bull headed at times. He is my first Cairn and just a JOY! The only issue we have is potty training. He lifts his leg in the house. We will get through that. He is a Wheaten. Tomorrow is his 5 month birthday. Right now we are feeding him Nutro Ultra Puppy. He is 12.7 lbs so he is getting ready to switch to an Adult food. My 4.5 year old Daughter completed all 8 weeks of Obedience with him. I took her thinking she would just watch and maybe give a couple of treats. But she stepped in and did everything the instructor said and I just let it continue. She wants to do the next session also. We have another puppy, a 12wk GSD/Rott mix and Dash really lets him know who is in charge in this house. We also have 2 younger children in the mix. BUSY BUSY BUSY! I cannot wait to meet you all and your wonderful Cairns.

029_29.jpg

036_36.jpg

087_87.jpg

Taylor

HELLO DASH!!!!

You are extremely handsome! My mommy and I think your coloring is beautiful. You sound like my kind of guy! Welcome aboard to you and all your family! Mommy says you will absolutely love this forum.

Love, Darcy :kiss:

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Welcome Dash - you're going to really enjoy the Cairn friends you meet here. You are a good looking- like your color. I'm 5 months and a few weeks. Just got back from a looooooong walk - chasing acorns and well I was having so much fun ..... I forgot I had to go pee .......and oops, well had to go in the house instead. They say I have good day's and not so good day's. I'm still learning too :halo: .

Rusty/Lesley

How precious. He looks just like my Maggie. Fasten your seatbelt for the ride of your life. Cairns are very special dogs. Never a dull moment. Look for your patience because you will need it. Expect much love and laughter from now on. My Maggie is 7 months old on Sat. Oct. 1. I had another cairn, Chloe, she was nine years old when she went to heaven. They are awesome dogs. :thumbsup:

Enjoy

Welcome Dash & Taylor, we live in Kansas too, loved your pictures.

My Kai-lee is also a wheaten, 10 months old and lots of fun...she too was on Nutro Ultra Puppy, she's now on Canidae. We got her last March and she is a constant joy.

Sounds like you have your hands full with 2 puppies and 3 little ones...no little ones here except when grandkids visit, we are considering getting a 2nd Cairn but will probably wait till next spring.

Maggie,

I see you are in Olathe? We are in Bonner Springs. Dash is so much fun. Every time we go to Petsmart, anyone there just has to talk to Dash. He eats it up! He is wonderful with our daughters who are 4,3,1. I just love Cairns. Where did you find Canidae? I cannot find it anywhere.

Taylor

Welcome Dash - you're going to really enjoy the Cairn friends you meet here. You are a good looking- like your color. I'm 5 months and a few weeks. Just got back from a looooooong walk - chasing acorns and well I was having so much fun ..... I forgot I had to go pee .......and oops, well had to go in the house instead. They say I have good day's and not so good day's. I'm still learning too :halo: .

Rusty/Lesley

Taylor, I get Canidae at Brookside Barkery & Bath, they're at 63rd St just east of Wornall on the Missouri side. The Canidae website listed them when I searched area code 816. Also they have a listing for a place in Tonganoxie but that was more out of the way for me but might be closer to you. Kai-lee seems to be allergic to corn/wheat (?) so we do Canidae food and also their Snap Biscuits for treats.

http://www.canidae.com

http://www.barkerybath.com/contact_info.htm

We (Kai-lee & I) love to go to Petsmart, she gets really excited! Last time we went with my husband they had the adoption dogs there, and she got them all wound up barking! My husband was so embarassed I don't think he'll ever go with us again. He claims it was really quiet there until we arrived....It's funny though how everyone stops to pet & play with her, I've had people stop their cars in the middle of the street when we're walking to ask about her, of course her tail is wagging so much you think it's going to snap off! I think it's a Cairn thing!!!!

Welcome Taylor and Dash! Taylor, you will find this place very helpful and fun! We love to hear stories and see pictures but everyone here is also very supportive if need be. Dash, you are very handsome!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Maggie, the dealer in Tongie is not longer selling the Canidae. How much do you pay for it if you dont mind me asking. I am curious about the cost. Thanks

Taylor

Welcome to the crew Taylor!

Your Dash is one handsome little guy. I'm thinking I see a future "husband" for little Sugar. :D

Scully said that she could really go for a younger man like Dash. :P

Archived