CairnTalk

calendar

hallswel

Ok I was hoping someone would stand up and say they know how to make a calendar so since no one has I will be willing to try by using cafe press but I need your pictures.

It is my understanding that I need high quality pics not ones with reduced pixels so send me your pics and I will try to figure a way to get as many on the calendar as possible. Right now it is 12 months and one cover. If you have one that fits for spring, summer, Christmas or any holiday or season please let me know where you would like to see it used.

I think once it is complete we can actually send profits Col. Potters Cairns or the New Orleans relief effort.

You will need to send them to my home we have DSL so don't worry about the size lets say no more than 3 pictures per person and include the dogs name, your name and what your home state is. My home address is whallswo@bellsouth.net

Now if there is a computer person who is good at editing and really wants to do it step forward quickly!!

Otherwise I will give everyone until the end of the month to get the pictures in and then I will start on the calendar. Remember 3 pics per person. If I get overwhelmed with pictures I will ask brad to do a contest to choose the ones we will use. I think maybe we should do that for the cover. I would like to see a more mature Cairn for the cover since we don't post too many pictures of the Senior Pets.

Here are the ideas for months

Jan Snow or fireplace snuggle pics

Feb Love

March Lucky Charm, Irish Cairns

April showers, Easter bonnet

May flowers, mother

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Liz, my daugther has made me calendars before. We have one of those spiral making thingys at our office. What kind of stock were you thinking of printing on? We have some pretty nice printers etc and servers to store pics on. Let me know if you need any help. BTW, my daughter is a wiz at the computer/photoshop junk.

Thank you for taking ownership of this project Hallswel!! I think that we will make a great calendar! Now for me to decide what pictures to submit...... :confused:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I also am a graphic artist if you need help with layouts or designs.

I have photoshop at home and many other programs at my disposal.

Guess I need to go home and look thru some digital pics :):wub:

how's this for a cover shot...... :devil: LOL j/j

TPWYR-42854369-2006_ct.jpg

Great idea!!!! I would love to send some for Christmas! Is there any way we could put several pics on each page so that no Cairn gets left behind? I would love to see as many pics of our "family" as possible....maybe a contest to see who gets on the cover?? Just an idea. :D

I still have to check with Brad and see if we can do it. You know the advertising thing. If it is done we will have to come up with a name other than this website. Maybe Cairn Friends or Let's talk Cairns something like that. I will let you know what I find out. I will probably send return email only to those who contribute pictures that way it is just friends making a calendar.

I was really going to do just a simple one with 13 pictures of Cairns. That is how I made the calendar I sent to family last year. I will send Teri a PM and see if she would be willing to handle the artwork putting several pictures on a page maybe like a tic tac toe sign otherwise it will be only 13.

Liz

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived