CairnTalk

Name ideas?

Mama Kim

We're having a tough time coming up with some names for our new puppy due to arrive here in three weeks. It's a female. So far we have:

Piper (my husband is a pilot and his favorite plane is a Piper Mallibu)

Janie

Erin

Meghan

Shamrock (Rocky for short)

Gidget

Kirby

Maureen (Mo)

Any suggestions? Any and all thoughts welcome. Our previous cairn was named Lucy (after Lucille Ball). We have an Irish last name. We're leaning towards Piper right now but not too sure. We want to see her in person before we make a final decision.

Thank you!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

I love the name Piper. And since it is also related to your husband's past-time, I vote for Piper. But you'll have to see if it "fits" when you meet her.

Ahhh...and new puppy....I'm guessing you'll be finding other names to call her during the puppy stage...hahaha!

Susan

More than likely, it will be Piper. I've practiced saying the name and calling it out loud (I know, kind of silly) and this names flows easily too. We've toyed with the idea of getting two as the breeder still has two males left and naming them Piper and Cessna :D . But I'll be happy with one for now. Thanks for your input, Susan and Brad!!

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Considering the Piper Malibu is the finest high performance single on the market, I don't see how you could even think of another.

Now if that Malibu is the Turbo Prop, you could always go the John Travolta route and call her Jett.

Sure happy that you are getting new puppy. Piper sounds adorable for a name. Blessings to all of you.

Posey

• 4 weeks later...

Piper came home almost two weeks ago now. She is a doll!! It's amazing how much she looks like our other cairn did as a pup. Hair color is changing already though.

Archived