CairnTalk

Eeewwwwww

Tracy A.

All I can say is Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww.

It's like a Canine Murphy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

But we still love them!

Mine like to do the "roll in it and smell bad" dance every chance they get.

There is some type of critter that has been depositing thumb sized, black, sticky and the most foul smelling stools in my back yard almost nightly for the past couple of months. I've found it on top of my woodpile tarp, in the lawn and seems to always be in the same place even after I clean it up diligently. I'm thinking it might be one of my neighbor's cats because the nights we have bad rain storms, it's not there.

I have a trap coming next week (humane of course) to try and find out what it is and to relocate it. (unless it's a cat and then we'll have to address the problem with our neighbors in a nice and adult manner)

Luckily I built a corral for my Cairns in a part of the yard that this critter hasn't visited yet. But every single time I let the dogs loose from their "yard", they find this stuff like a magnet would find metal! Try washing 3 smelling, sticky dogs at a time!

I think the major concern I have that you probably do too is that these things they get into can harbor bacteria, parasites or God knows what.

But...we still love them! :lol:

Guest mrskti

I went to put the girls in their yard to play and there was a nice pile of rabbit poop there.....their favorite!!!! So back to the porch we go....god i hate it when they eat critter poop....thank god they dont eat their own. I've noticed since they've been here that there hasn't been any deer poop around....maybe their presence has scared them off...I hope.

I'm going to harvest the rabbit poop and sell it....i'm sure to be rich!! :PB)

Guest posting as: gidgetsmom

I have a very snaily problem. Not only does Gidget love to eat rabbit poop, but her favorite snack is snail. Wee Wee Madaam! :sick:

This was the very first thing she got in her mouth as a tiny puppy when I brought her home. Now, when I take her out at night before bed, she actually hunts for them. First she tries the deck and if she can't find one there, she'll venture to the yard and somehow always manages to bring one back.

Main problem is, I have the darndest time tryint to catch her to get it away from her. :mad:

I'd love to put snail bait out to keep them away, but can't do that for fear of her getting into it. What's a mom to do? :confused:

Snails? Yuck

I guess Mole poop isn't so bad after all.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Archived