CairnTalk

I have to laugh

Mama Kim

Every time I come here I have to laugh because Cairns are so much like kids. I belong to a web site for parents of twins (mine are 11) and the topics listed there are much the same as the ones here: potty training, obedience, sleep issues, etc. It cracks me up every time!! They are just like children. :lol:

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

I have 3 children 19,17, and 8 years old and now a 7 mo. old.(Max) haha

You are so right. I have had other dogs,who I always felt were like my children, but never had as much issues it seems as with this cairn. :lol:

It's like having a perpetual 2 year old. :devil:

I wouldn't trade him for the world. :halo:

max.jpg

Sheila - mom of Maximus

You are so right.  I have had other dogs,who I always felt were like my children, but never had as much issues it seems as with this cairn.  :lol:

It's like having a perpetual 2 year old.  :devil:

Isn't that the truth? :wub::devil::wub:

BTW, I also have a 15 year old son besides the 11-year old identical twins. All three boys have been an invaluable help with Piper, though, and love her to bits!! And she knows she's the 'baby' and acts every bit of it!!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

We took Tink to my mother-in-law's this weekend with us, and she was so bad :twisted:. Just like a spoiled kid. Saturday I left her with my dh and his mother while I went shopping. I came home to a chewed up hairbrush, a chewed hair clip and a dog who had thrown up because she was eating plastic. Later she was into my mother-in-laws fake fruit and up on the bed into the new bag of chew toys I had bought her. They were strewn all over the bed and floor. My mother-in-law isn't a dog lover and just tolerates us bringing ours to her house, so Tink has to learn to be a better houseguest. She isn't allowed on any of the furniture so we cover the sofas with blankets and make her sleep in her crate. I tell her it is just too bad that she is treated like a dog in such a way :P .

Lindab

Marmielin

You are so right! We went to a conference this last week and there were serveral other dogs there. When we were in the vendor hall and my hubby was calling out the ticket numbers for those who had won door prizes, Rebel barked and people around us said it's ok it's just your Dad. One vendor had Rebel sit in the chair and had his picture made for his ID. Spolied

What was really funny was when I didn't have them with me people asked about them. I was lucky to be the one running registration :w00t: and the pups were in the room with me in crates and they were so good! By the time we left the conference all 200 people knew Rebel and Hamm and they got so much petting time. The dogs were easier to take care of then some of the delegates. Rebel and Hamm never had to much beer :beer: Although they were offered it many times.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Archived