CairnTalk

my dog

ninagrace

I HAVE A 5 MONTH OLD FEMALE DOG NAMED NINA. SHE IS A MIX OF PURE BREEDS CAIRN TERRIER(HER FATHER) AND TOY CHIHUAHUA(GRACE). bESIDES THE FACT SHE IS VERY LITTLE, SHE LOOKS LIKE HER FAHTER AND BEHAVES LIKE A TERRIER. PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY SHE IS A MIX AS SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE A CAIRN. I HAVE A QUESTION, THE ONLY THING THAT DOESN'T LOOK QUITE WELL ARE HER EARS. THEY ARE LONG AND ROUNDED. I DON.T RECALL HER MOTHER HAVING EARS LIKE THAT, THEY ARE THIN AND POINTY. MY FRIENDS SAY I SHOULD HAVE THEM "FIXED"...I NEED ADVICE, SHE LOOKS JUST BEAUTIFUL TO ME THE WAY SHE LOOKS. THANK YOU. :confused:

I would leave the ears alone :D I would love to see her. Can you post a photo so we can see? I bet she is adorable.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Her ears are just the way nature intended and don't need "fixing". Your instincts are right on the money and I'm sure she is perfect the way she is.

Barb, Ghillie, and Smokey

NO!! Don't touch her ears. She is "distinctively different" and has character and style. She sounds like a sweetie. Pictures....we want pictures....

Absolutely do not "fix" her ears! They're perfect the way they are! :thumbsup: And, of course I have to echo everyone else's sentiment here: Pictures! We want Pictures! :lol:

Thela

P.S. Next time, could you please not type with the caps lock on? Just so you know, typing in all capital letters is the online equivalent of yelling, and it's very hard to read. :thumbsup:

Archived