CairnTalk

euthanasia- what I heard at the vet's

wags

the man behind me was making a request at the counter. He said he "dropped his dog twice- once last night and once this morning... and would like the ashes in an urn, please."

"Don't you want to have the vet examine him, sir?" replied the receptionist.

"Oh. All right." He answered offhandedly.

I'll bet the animal hospital rescues the dog and makes the man pay.

I have been seriously thinking of changing jobs (from a school bus driver to a receptionist at a local vets office) Both are part time and the vet's office would allow me to be around pet people.

Thank you for this post....If it were me in that office and that happened, I'd be fired and/or sued for jumping over the counter and smacking that man until he was unconscious. :mad:

I work as a 911 operator, the police were called to a home a few days ago where a dog had been run over accidentally by a neighbor and the owner of the dog was refusing to take the dog to the vet for treatment until the neighbor payed her cash for the bill. While waiting for animal control to come out and take the poor dog for emergency help, an officer on scene to control the dispute called in and told me about the situation. I told him I thought he should shoot the owner in the foot and then refuse to call an ambulance. *****legal disclaimer******* The author does not endorse violence against humans. (Most of the time)

Brigette-

I am a 911 dispatcher....I'd have told him the same thing!!!! Isn't it a great job where you get paid well and get to tell men what to do and where to go all day??

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

How very sad. Wish I was there as well to help all you gal's and guy's floor that evil man. Dont you just wish that he would be dropped tonight and tomorrow on his head? Local news report: Dog pushes owner down 3 flights of staires! Wishful thinking! :mad:

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

There was something in the news about a year ago. Dog shoots owner. his man was trying to shoot puppies when one of them pulled the trigger on him.

(YAY!) :devil:

Oh my god! That is so horrible! I cant believe some people! I hope someone takes the dog away from him and gets him in some kind of trouble :(

There was something in the news about a year ago.  Dog shoots owner.  his man was trying to shoot puppies when one of them pulled the trigger on him.

(YAY!) :devil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woah......thats kinda creepy.... :huh:

Well that guy would have been beaten to a pulp from all of us at the forum. Nothing makes me more insane than someone mistreating an animal. Okay, now I'm riled up for the rest of the day!

This makes me so vey sad! Some people should be kept in crates and their dogs should have the run of the house!

That is terrible! People like that need help...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Very sad indeed... Why would he even want to keep the ashes in a urn? To me that is something a person who loves their elderly/sick dog would do. I kept my Boston's Ashes when we had to have her put down, she was very old (17+) and couldn't function anymore. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do :( ....That guy sounds like a creep :mad:

Tuff & Tippy

Archived