CairnTalk

Who am I?

Guest Yerkbug

He sure looks like a cairn!

Have fun!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Congratulations!!!! He sure is a beautiful boy!!! I am in no way an expert, but he looks like a Cairn to me!! You are going to have such fun with him - please come back and post more pictures when you get him home and get settled!!

Jan

He sure LOOKS like a Cairn, or there looks to be a lot of Cairn in him. Definitely a real cutie! Good luck. Please write back to the Forum to let us know how he is doing.

Pam

I agree. Looks like you have a Cairn! Please come back and post more pics and let us know how he is doing!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Count me in - it's a Cairn IMHO! It looks like you're getting yourself a great dog. Please join in with us and we'd love to see more pictures!

Guest Guest

Great, thanks for everyone's quick reply. I will post some pictures once it get him home and cleaned up. He is one dirty dog!

Looks like a Cairn too me as well maybe a tad of silky due to the rounded ears??

I would say Cairn! What a cutie :D

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

He looks like a sweetheart! So glad you're adopting a "needy" Cairn! Best wished to you both!

Linda (AKA: Murphy & Trapper's mom)

My guess is that under all that dirt and ungroomed hair is a beautiful pure bred cairn. Once you get that long hair trimmed off his ears you'll see. How anyone could not claim him is beyond me, but their loss will surely be your gain! Please do come back and post some "after" pictures for us and let us know how he's doing! Congrats and kudos to you for rescuing this poor baby!

Thela

Guest Yerkbug

I already have a great dane, Tanner, they will meet tonight and if all goes well he will have a new little buddy! What brand do you all recommend feeding and how much? I am doing research, but would like your opinions. I am glad I found this website, it's been very helpful.

Thanks again!

Katie

Guest mrskti

Well aint he a cutie!!!! Cairns are like purses with me, the more i see, the more i want!!!! But after my glasses episode, i guess i'll just stick to the two of them. :P

A lot of people on this site feed Canidae. Below is a link with info about the food. It is not available in all areas but if you go to the site, click on "Store Locator" on the side, and enter either your area or zip code, it will tell you any stores that have it in your area.

Canidae Home Page

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I'd say he's a cairn. One in need of some grooming, but definitely he has a lot of cairn in him. Enjoy!

headshot.jpg

He looks like my Abe!

I won't let the hubby groom him as often as he should be because I like the scraggly look, which I am sure makes serious breeders shudder (sorry) but I just can't seem to help myself.

Good luck with your new dog.

Guest Yerkbug

Well I got to take Buddy home last night! He and my great dane, Tanner get along great. They just follow each other everywhere. I am not leaving them alone together, at least not for a while. I gave Buddy a bath, so he at least smells better. I like the scraggly look too. He has some matting, so he will need a good grooming to start. So far so good, he has made himself a home. I just love him already. I will have to figure out how to post pictures of my two baby boys!

Archived