CairnTalk

Enjoying a yummy treat....

CathyAnn

Here's my two enjoying a Frosty Paws treat this evening.....

Toto with it dripping down her chin.....

P6220069.jpg

Piper really getting into it......

P6220063.jpg

P6220062.jpg

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I just bought those for our dogs this past Monday (it hit a whopping 80 degrees, which is hot for us!). They appeared to have died and gone to doggy heaven they were so stinking excited about them!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Lucky dogs they are....and you have a gorgeous yard from what I could see. Please don't tell me you have gardens that actually have living, unbroken, unchewed plants in them! :shock:

What are Frosty Paws treats, and where do you get them. It will be hitting 100 degrees in Memphis before long, and I think Tink deserves a cool one!

Lindab

Marmielin

My two guys love Frosty Paws too however I have to separate them as Mickey wolfs his down then trys to take Duffy's who likes to take his time and really savor the treat.

MikeC

It hit 113 degrees yesterday (yikes) -- I am definitely going to order those treats. My guys will LOVE them.

Pam

We actually found them in our grocers freezer section after a discussion here awhile back. They were near the ice cream bars. Kind of hard to see as they had them way on the bottom.

Maybe check there first before you order. Or.....your grocery store may even order them for you upon request??

My two love them!!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Ours, too, were in the ice cream section of the grocery store (Albertsons), on the top shelf right next to the people ice cream snacks. They came in original and peanut butter flavors, four in a box for $3.49...but for a special treat, I figured why not?

pat.

I have wanted to try these too (my dogs, not me!) but never got around to buying them. Maybe I'll buy them first and then try to make them...I'm sure my two will love them! Heck, if they eat rodents AND carrot/broccoli, they have a wide variety of taste!

Anna - thanks for the recipe. I might make those my both of us :P I'll also check my freezer section at the grocery store.

Lindab

Marmielin

Our neighborly border collie, Walter, shares his frosty paws with the resident cat, Mitty. (Yes, together they are "Walter Mitty...") He is so kind.

Allie, however, being a cairn terror, won't share with anyone of any species.

Beautiful dogs! They are truly enjoying themselves!

The yard is enviable! We had severe deer damage over the winter. They are eating my flowers as fast as they bloom!

Anna, thanks for the recipe. I will make some this weekend.

Is the yogurt frozen yogurt or the one from the dairy case?

In addition to grocery stores, I have found Frosty Paws at Petco and other pet stores. They usually have a small freezer case in one of the aisles.

Anna, thanks for the recipe. I will make some this weekend.

Is the yogurt frozen yogurt or the one from the dairy case?

I thought about that myself.

I believe it's the regular yogurt from the dairy case, because the frozen yogurt is already sweetened and doesn't need the honey.

That makes sense, Anna. Thank you! They make vanilla flavored yogurt.

I'll bet that will be good! Can't wait to make them!

Funny how our dogs are home snoozing and we are here in this forum trying to find out how to make treats for them, find the best food, fun toys and make their life perfect and wonderful! I guess it IS a dog's life after all. :thumbsup:

Guest Darcy's Mom

I saw some Frosty Paws at Wal-Mart the other day in the ice cream freezer case. I had to do a double take cause I had never heard of them before. I didn't check the price. They were next to the popsicles, ice creame sandwiches, etc.

I stopped at the market on the way home to get the yogurt (bought the vanilla).

I priced Frosty Paws- $7.99 for a 4 pk! Hello??? I just made the recipe (mixture was delicious) for half that and it makes 18! I will let you know how the critics like them tomorrow. I may try one myself!

Whoa!! Did you say $7.99????

I think we paid $3.99 for a 4-pack, if I remember right?

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I hope I paid $3.99! I thought they were messy, but then I didn't think to feed them outside. :idea:

I saved the recipe for the homemade version. I think we'll all like them!

I paid $3.79 for ours @ Albertsons.

pat.

I think I'll try making the treats from the recipe. I was thinking of making them in ice cube trays to make small treats. Why not - I already make fruit bars for us so why not cold doggy treats too. Ghillie loves popsicles.

Archived